User Reputation and Member Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirrorimg

Justin (Jay Jay),

What is up with the "You must spread before you rep this person again"? How many people need to be repped (good or bad) in the interim before a person you have repped before can be repped again?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
It's set to the default of 20 different people before you can rep the same person again.

speedin

The Transporter
In an effort to cease the abuse of the reputation system with friends repping friends for no reason you may now only rep posts in the tech section.

Lets try to rep posts that help and are informative and negative rep those tech posts that are useless and/or wrong.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I feel that it was taken out of too many categories. An example, I had some people make me a signature, they did well, and I would like to rep them for it :what:
I just feel the initial correction is a little harsh

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
wow I didnt realize this rep system was this new. I agree with OG, not everyone goes into the tech section

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
In an effort to cease the abuse of the reputation system with friends repping friends for no reason you may now only rep posts in the tech section.

Lets try to rep posts that help and are informative and negative rep those tech posts that are useless and/or wrong.
:thumbs up all for it.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
meh. people help each other all the time in the VIP lounge...i disagree with this.

Prozon

Kris
It's just rep, whats the big deal? I'm not going to pay attention to any rep number unless it's negative. And even then it's usually not very informative about the person.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
it makes it not so fun anymore.. And now that you can only do it in the tech section, it'd be confusing since some already have a lot of positive and negative rep, so unless it was reset, then maybe this could work, but then I'd be back at square 1

WAR 178

Premium User
ohhh the times ive heard thanks for the help and or advice....= no rep
so maybe this can work....
but then again the fun of it is a bit gone. (for - repping for some seriously stupid move in the real world and telling it here!)
maybe change the name to tech rep points or something...

speedin

The Transporter
it makes it not so fun anymore.. And now that you can only do it in the tech section, it'd be confusing since some already have a lot of positive and negative rep, so unless it was reset, then maybe this could work, but then I'd be back at square 1
Yes some people already have alot, but thats what were trying to slow down. Resetting the points will get too many people upset. So this will hold the most effect for the up and coming noobs.

ohhh the times ive heard thanks for the help and or advice....= no rep
so maybe this can work....
but then again the fun of it is a bit gone. (for - repping for some seriously stupid move in the real world and telling it here!)
maybe change the name to tech rep points or something...
Not a bad idea, but since its in the tech section I guess its also implied.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
I rep people for being hilarious. I neg rep idiots (blueteggy). I rarely go into the tech section. I'm here for the community not necessarily the technical info on the car. I don't even drive an integra anymore so how about we bring back the normal rep system. If a noob is cool he will receive rep to reflect it. C'mon. This is bullshit.

rockadilla

thats right.
see i agree with most of the posts so far, i wouldnt have probably more then 20 rep if we started this to begin with, now i do try to help out people that i can buuuuut.....most of the time the people that ask questions (that i can answer) are noobs, so even if they do rep me their rep doesnt even count cuz their noobs and its just nuetral rep (unless thats changed). most of the questions i ask are now in the VIP section. plus there are lots of different ways to help people besides JUST in the tech section, like if somebody wants to know how to post a youtube video or pictures or such.

i dont really care that much about rep but its just one of those things that IMO adds to the community and once u take away that addition (or in this case limit) that interaction that other people enjoy having, its kinda a bummer. i dont care too much either way about rep. but once u have what most people think a good thing u dont really wanna have that thing reduced, limited, or made more of an inconvieince.

I rep'd people for making me lawl on days when i felt terrible, and that in itself even tho its not technically something that helps me out with my car, it helped me to keep an interest in this site and the people on it. which in turn makes me stay interested in modding my car which IS what this site is about... just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.