velocity stack?

96GotSomeRice

i Hate ricers.Keep it OEM
what exactly is the velocity stack...ive searched it up and all i can find is a circular looking thing that i think you hook up to the filter side of a sri....i thought it would be a sri system but all i can find is a circular looking thing that reminds me of a cock ring...hahah...can anyone tell me what the velocity stack actually is and how would it be applied to an intake system...any links to where i can buy one or links that would better explain the velocity stack to me...any help is greatly appreciated!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I wouldn't waste my time unless it was maybe going on the end of a turbo on a really high powered car or individual throttle bodies

Last edited:

96GotSomeRice

i Hate ricers.Keep it OEM
i have a fully built poor mans type r...and just slapped on my brand new purchased from the dealer 98 spec itr tranny with lsd and a 4.7 fd...so can anyone please answer my question please?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The velocity stack smooths airflow into the intake thus speeding it up and reducing turbulence. It helps the intake air flow more freely.

My point in the original post was that sticking one on the end of an sri will have minimal effect, especially if you are still going to use an air filter. It may help a little bit, but I doubt whether or not it would even be a measurable amount.

The point where those actually become beneficial is past a streetcar with an air filter. And running no filter on a streetcar is just not a good idea

I still doubt that running one on an sri without a filter will do much. Even if it did, I really can not agree that maybe 3hp is worth risking your engine with no filter

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
maybe not in a sri but it might work in a cai... but who knows, i want to try it out when i have the extra $ laying around.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Wait, what? lol. You have one? And I figured it would be better than my SRi, is it pretty safe to run without risking the health of my engine? I noticed like half the Integras had them

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
This is homeboy's from lsr

The girl in that truck behind him got a jump on me from the line, lol. i got scared that she was gonna cross before me till about half way down when I finally caught up and passed in a firey blaze of eroticism

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Wait, what? lol. You have one? And I figured it would be better than my SRi, is it pretty safe to run without risking the health of my engine? I noticed like half the Integras had them
half of the integras are also show cars where they put them on at the show or tow their car. not many people i would say drive with one without a filter