Water in the trunk???????????

chicago_vtec

chicago_vtec
hey when it rains i get water in my trunk i thought it was comming from my rear light ? i also thought thought that it was my rear seal? i just dnt want to spend money and buy new light or new seals, i belive the water is coming from the sides or the bottom of the hatch, were the lift is. :x so if anybody has a ideal help shoot me a email @chicago_vtec@yahoo.com or reply thanx

igotvtec16

do you have a sunroof?it could also be the sunroof runoff tubes that go to the rear wheelwells,the tube comes out of the fitting quite easily,this was what happened to me so it might be your prob too.just take off the rear interior panels and look right behind the body panels over the rear wheels

heykosal

Angkorian
do you have a sunroof?it could also be the sunroof runoff tubes that go to the rear wheelwells,the tube comes out of the fitting quite easily,this was what happened to me so it might be your prob too.just take off the rear interior panels and look right behind the body panels over the rear wheels
or it might have gotten clogged, this was the reason i had water under my spare.

chicago_vtec

chicago_vtec
yeah i have a 95 GSr and so i do have a sunroof, but for some reason, when it rains heavy that happens and sometimes i see, water marks on the side of the hatch buy the panels, but all i see is were my spare is, a puddle of water, and i live in chicago, and it rains a nd snows like crazy here. i might just change my real seal, wich cost 100bucks to start but if u guys know anything else let me know thanks

kcombs

GS=goes slow
yea the taillight gaskets are like $10-$25 or something cant remember.
btw the taillight gaskets and the sunroof tube's are the most common. check them before buying the hatch seal.
if the hatch seal does not have any holes or missing clips its prob sill good.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had a problem with water getting into my hatch, turns out it was the taillight gaskets. It's a real common problem with the 3rd Gen Integra. Just pick up a new set of gaskets at the dealership and you'll be A-OK, even if it's not your problem right now it may be someday, it's that common a problem.

Surferman

Originally Posted by igotvtec16 View Post
or it might have gotten clogged, this was the reason i had water under my spare.
x2^

Check this website out:http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1021 for water problems in the hatch/truck, and this: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546 for the sun roof drain tube.

chicago_vtec

chicago_vtec
man the chi is great still fighting wit these pussy ass WRX and mustangs but we holding it down, just gotta fight wit these cops they know what the times and everything, but am post you on what happens, cus its sitting in the garage fear of getting salt on it espcialy wit water in my trunk. but yeah we should all honda\acura get together. in chicago downtown somewere. we can organize it.......and see how it goes