Wet Sanding Clear Coat

j13

Keep It Clean
Wet Sanding original clear coat?

I know wet sanding is done to fresh paint jobs to get the most out of the paint and clear. To get out any bubbles, dust, or anything that hits the clear during the shoot..

I've tried everything to get dabree/scratches/deep-swirls out of the top coat of my clear. I've tried some polishing compound and it removes the roughness but not the scratches. I looked around and thought about Color Sanding or Wet sanding. Its done with 1000grit-2000grit (even 3000grit??). Some techniques I've read about it is stay away from the edges and corners of each panel, hood, fender, ect ect. I'm not going to do my bumper covers (front and rear) because they're repainted, single stage.

Should I just try a rubbing compound to get out the deep swirls? I don't have access to a Buffing machine, can I still achieve a swirl free surface by hand? Who's done this? I'm not looking for a 1 day fix but how long would this take for the whole car?

chronsolo

MAD MAN
you can use rubbing compound with a micro fiber, but it is ten times easier with a wheel for sure. 3m makes a dope swirl remover that i've had good luck with following with the coumpound. i'd try that before wet sanding, but if you do you're gunna want a wheel.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
get a high speed polisher, at a every low rpm 1,5k or lower if you can, what color is ur car? rule of thumb if you can feel the scrach, wit ur nail, it wont come out, yea stay away from the edges if you tape up the car it will be easer, pm for mor info, i have been detailing for 3 years now, and yea buffing is very hard, it may turn out worse