what block to build 2 choices

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
so heres the deal my b18a1 in my car now burns hella oil... needs to be rebuilt for the turbo anyway sooo... i also have a b18b1 bottom end blown block lined up for 100 bucks... which one should i build??? im planning on boring .020 over also which would make the bore 81.5... any help would be lovely!!

90tegwhite

i have now idea what my a1 has been throught either... when i bought my teg it had mad holes in the block from a thrown rod and the guy threw in his spare engine dont even know the kms on the a1... should have built it before i put the damn thing in but i just wanted to drive it!! either way the engine is being completly stripped down and having an acid bath re surfacing being bored out and all put back together with goodies!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
They are the same motor, only difference is 1 is in the car and the other isn't. Is the b1 complete as in all bolts and sensors? If so then i would build that one, drive your car with the a1 still in it til it goes kaboom, hopefully by that time the B1 is done being built and ready to go back in the car.

What is your build going to consist of, also are you going to build a head or just leave it stock?

90tegwhite

car isnt being driven... still need a few things to complete my salvage... cleared my check engine... fixed my abs by changing out those 3 damn 100 dollar sensors... need a rear rebar.... need front drive axles a valve cover gasket and some bolts put in the engine that got missed during the swap... see the whole thing is im from a smaller town and everyones mommy and daddy has boughten them all nice expensive fast cars and i wanna take haf the price and build a car that puts all theirs to shame... so i will probably be building the head... would i want the b16 head??

Last edited:

90tegwhite

well im going to build it over time... at first i wanted like 350-400 hp.... im leaning towards about 500+ now.... also wanna shut my old man up about his muscel cars... his 2010 plum crazy purple r/t.. wanna have more hp than her

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What are your plans for this build, as in what parts are you going with? Hopefully you have deep pockets, 500hp does not come cheap lol

90tegwhite

hahahaha i have got nothin but time man!!! only thing i pay is about 800 a month on bills and i make 3000 a month... force fed racing in abbatsford, bc told me they would set me up with 350-400 hp for 7000 said and done but they do all the work... i want to do all the work besides tuning

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
That doesn't matter, I am sure Mike would have no problem shipping to Canada. He is by far the coolest dude I have dealt with in the car world. I hit him up on facebook weekly for advise with my car and the track lol. Just send him an email and go from there

90tegwhite

That doesn't matter, I am sure Mike would have no problem shipping to Canada. He is by far the coolest dude I have dealt with in the car world. I hit him up on facebook weekly for advise with my car and the track lol. Just send him an email and go from there
shot him an email... damn man just got to reading your build.... BRAVO holy crap alot of work!!

Last edited: