what did you do to your car today?

R13

The other asshole
I didn’t have problems per se, I just hate working with super thin gauge wire :lol:

Lowe’s crimp style ring terminals are cheap shit anyway. The metal is too soft, so really I just wish they had neatly folded the wire, rather than tangle it the fuck up and package it :lol:

Noneed2Hate

Replaced the pitch stop on my '02 WRX with a Perrin pitch stop. The stock pitch stops are trash and don't really do much to keep the engine/transmissions from leaning back under acceleration.

I replaced the gross shift knob with a fresh Cobb one. I know they aren't the greatest, but I just wanted something clean.

I also replaced the tires with a set of Yokohama Avid Ascends.

Attachments

R13

The other asshole
I had to look up wtf a pitch stop was, and it still doesn’t make a lot of sense... :rolf:

Engines in my experience twist left or right in the engine bay, and fwd’s rock forward or backwards... how has Subaru managed to make an engine that’s inline with the driveshaft/center line of the car, but rocks/tilts like an fwd kinda? :lol:

Noneed2Hate

I had to look up wtf a pitch stop was, and it still doesn’t make a lot of sense... :rolf:

Engines in my experience twist left or right in the engine bay, and fwd’s rock forward or backwards... how has Subaru managed to make an engine that’s inline with the driveshaft/center line of the car, but rocks/tilts like an fwd kinda? :lol:
I'm not sure, IIRC they have only 2 actual motor mounts, one on the left, and one on the right. So getting on and off the throttle causes the whole assembly to rock quite a bit even at low speeds/rpms

R13

The other asshole
Leave it to Subaru :lol:

It’s probably that the engine is a little light or balanced oddly so the twisting of the driveshaft lifts/rocks it

Kinda like how a v8 twists and lifts up a little when you punch it.

Noneed2Hate

Leave it to Subaru :lol:

It’s probably that the engine is a little light or balanced oddly so the twisting of the driveshaft lifts/rocks it

Kinda like how a v8 twists and lifts up a little when you punch it.
The pitch stop in a sense acts as a rear motor mount, but the stock one is so weak and flimsy it barely does the job. (it's made of plastic)

Noneed2Hate

Drained my radiator, pulled out my fans, and corrected the timing on my 2002 WRX. The bottom Cam (exhaust side) on the passenger side was off timing by 1 tooth.

R13

The other asshole
You haven’t sold that thing yet? :lol:

Figured after your last rant you’d ditch it :mrgreen:

BarebonesB18

New NGK Iridiums and plug wires yesterday...
Put in the new dizzy today...
And now i got NO IDEA why she wont start?!
:???::shock:

BarebonesB18

Two questions:

A. Is the dizzy in backwards?
B. Are the plug wires in the correct order?
A: No
B: Yes

I was extremely anal w/ the entire process...
took pics taking the old dizzy off and matched everything up installing the new one.
Only did plug wires one at a time (left attached to old cap while installing distributor)
You only rip off all the plug wires once and that was on a V8 lmao

ALSO: I DO get a CEL when I first turn the key to acc so I do not believe the computer is fried
and I checked the fuses and even the 40A IGN fuse is good

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

A: No
B: Yes

I was extremely anal w/ the entire process...
took pics taking the old dizzy off and matched everything up installing the new one.
Only did plug wires one at a time (left attached to old cap while installing distributor)
You only rip off all the plug wires once and that was on a V8 lmao

ALSO: I DO get a CEL when I first turn the key to acc so I do not believe the computer is fried
and I checked the fuses and even the 40A IGN fuse is good
Are the ignition modules on the new dizzy good?