what did you do to your car today?

Noneed2Hate

Ran it hard.

I forget you Cali-for-ni-a’uns don’t understand my eastern slang :lol:
Just a tad bit, I gunned it a little bit on a highway, but this was after driving it around for like 15 minutes, plus having it idle a good 10 or 15 minutes before actually taking it out.

R13

The other asshole
Protip, never run an engine faster than 45-50mph continuously like on a highway after engine work. I know some people will say rpms are what matter, but highway driving puts a lot more strain on the whole car. Short cycle it 2 times to resettle everything and then dog it on the 3rd drive after it’s warm.

In your case it was probably gonna happen anyway :lol: but I’ll still throw it out there anyway

I also baby an engine after an oil change. Let it idle for 2-4 minutes, then roll around the block keeping it under 2500rpms and park it for at least an hour. That allows all the new oil to settle back into everything.

R13

The other asshole
And yet I still can't kill the fucking van.... :lol:

You won’t kill a stock 4.6 unless you starve it of oil. The bearings in those engines are wide as fuck, and the timing chain guides and tensioners are made to keep tension even after they fail.

If you wanna kill it find a way to force about 15+ psi down it and watch the rods go flying :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I figure the body will fall and the transmission will blow again before the engine does. It’s already been close to 50k, and I had that fucking thing replaced last May :lol:

R13

The other asshole
If it’s like the 97-03 f150s the frame will kink between the rear leaf spring shackles if you overload it by about 10,000lbs :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
If I even get close to the 2800lb load limit, it looks like a dog dragging its ass across the carpet...

R13

The other asshole
Ford isn’t real great at heavy duty haulers these days

The 70s dentside f150’s though... those bastards with their 12ft beds and 460ci big blocks could out pull and out haul an early 2000s F-350

96LSteg

Jemel
Well the Tundra has been a big b!tch lately. Needless to say, my water pump leaked on my alternator and caused it to fail, so we replaced the water pump, alternator, and found that I had a small oil leak at my passenger side head gasket so they got replaced too. After it’s was all said and done, I’m so glad to not be driving my wife’s accord anymore

Kurt here is a real man’s truck. Let me know when you need me to pull one of your Fords out of a ditch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Kurt here is a real man’s truck. Let me know when you need me to pull one of your Fords out of a ditch

I’m sorry, did you say something?

Well the Tundra has been a big b!tch lately. Needless to say, my water pump leaked on my alternator and caused it to fail, so we replaced the water pump, alternator, and found that I had a small oil leak at my passenger side head gasket
Hmm... remind me again how many miles are on the rapewagen,Ty? My truck’s at 221k with only a transmission rebuild, and a tiiiiiiny valve cover leak.

https://youtu.be/-XI2wQLFx9U

Fuck yer Toyota :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Hmm... remind me again how many miles are on the rapewagen,Ty? My truck’s at 221k with only a transmission rebuild, and a tiiiiiiny valve cover leak.

You knew exactly where I was going with that :rolf:

It was at 180k when it needed a new trans last May. But remember I beat the shit out of it and carry thousands of pounds daily.

Other than the trans and a/c, it’s never had problems. Oh, and that airbag light is because the passenger “on/off” light bulb is blown.

56k. There was a recall on the water pump though. I was told by the dealer that my truck wasn’t affected and then BOOM it failed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh huh... :roll:

Last edited: