What is the best intake manifold to go with CTR CAms?

gsrdriver

Hello yall i was just wondering, im about to trough some CTR b16b cams into my gsr but asking people they say that JG edelbrock intake manifold and skunk are good for this what do you guys think i should go for? JG or Skunk2, anyways which one will give me more power with the cams. :)
Thanks for responding.

Baldy201

the JG is more for turbo apps. if you take a look at the pics the runners are shorter then the skunk2 IM. the puirpose of longer runners is to have better flow velocity, which is needed in a N/A engine. If you are going all motor then go with the skunk2, if going turbo then do with the JG. any questions post here or pm me.

gsrdriver

Thanks but would the JG help too?, i donno im asking because my bro bought me a JG, so if i install it with the cams would i loose power? or gain power?
Thanks.

Baldy201

you would still gain power but may sacrifice low end torque.

gsrdriver

Thanks a lot man, so i guess with if i get a skunk 2 i would have more low end and high en torque?

Thanks .

Baldy201

the Skunk2 IM will have better lowend torque than the JG but the best low end will be the stock manifold. If you already have the JG then it will be fine, if you are looking for a IM then i would suggest the Skunk2. the reason the this happens it the is the JG IM runners are larger in Diameter and have less flow velocity to fill the cylinders. this will kill low end and possably mid range torque also. I dont think that you needed to hear that but it is always good to be educated.