what to tune up first in a Acura rsx

josephrod09

hi i dont know anything about cars so i dont know what to tune up in my first car which is a rsx. so what im basically asking which tunes are the right tunes for my car and which tunes do u guys recommend me to do

Rich_2002

First thing I did was an oil change with a new Wix oil filter. Then I pulled the old spark plugs out and installed new ones from NGK. Blow out the air filter or replace if it is seriously dirty. Air up your tires and check your fluids. From what I hear, Honda doesn't mess around with fluids, so if your radiator, power steering, brake fluid reservoir, etc is low, use the right stuff from Honda. I don't trust fluids that are "compatible" Put in a tank of pure gasoline and write down your mileage.

Next time you fill up, do the math and see how many gallons are needed for the miles you drove.

If anything is made of rubber, it will get weak over time, so put some silicone on door gaskets, look over your wipers and watch your belts. Sometimes previous owners throw a 15 amp fuse in a 5 amp slot just to close the circuit, so make sure the right fuse is installed by reading your kick panel cover.

The RSX is one-of-a-kind and is worth your time.

Good luck!

HondaFTW

Now by tune, do you mean "tune up" maintenance wise? or tune up as in start adding bolt ons? In either case I always did the basic oil change, coolant change, brake fluid change in both brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder. Then spark plugs are always a great options, Denso Iridium or NGK iridium. Now if your talking about bolt ons/upgrades, you can't go wrong with the Injen Cold air intake, then you might as well throw on a hondata intake manifold gasket (maybe throttle body gasket as well? Ironically I have a Torque Solution Thermal Throttle Body gasket I'd let go of for cheap). Then a good race header, I personally always loved Invidia but will admit to having a DC sports ceramic race header before, then a good exhaust. HOWEVER, if you want to keep it low cost with as much bang for your buck, get the injen cold air, and get the hondata reflash for your vehicle; completely changes how it drives! Forgive me, sometimes I ramble and realize I wrote an entire paragraph.