What's the widest tire you can go on a DC2?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Ever since I got my RPF1's NOW all the hatgers come out of the woods "Oh you shoulda went wider" blah blah blah. I actually planned on getting a second set of rims (not any time soon tho) and was possibly looking at the 949 racing rims. I was just wondering is there a point where width can actually hurt performance? I thought I heard something about too much width causing too much oversteer. I'm currently on 16x7 RPF1 with a 205/45/16 Federal tire.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Federal tires suck dick, don't they?
And I had a 215 that rubbed all day on a 17". I like my 205, but I still get a little rub on it

BeatBox

Real Good!
im happy with the 205's but i have 15s.(205/55/152 BFG Gforce sports)
it looks like a 215 would prob fit, from what the tire calculator says it will be only around .4 of an inch wider

if you came into discount tire, id test fit the 215 tire and go from there should be close with 215's on 16s

IMO performance wise the tire you go with will play a big part in how it will handle
i went from those bfg's to some cheap ass warriors and it handles like sht on normal highway driving, at 60 the steering is loose. with the bfg's 100+mph and feels as if ur going 40-50 :) (handling wise)

hope that helps

BeatBox

Real Good!
id check for sure, the kind of tire will also have alittle say on if it will fit or not
different brand tires are different around the edge where the side wall and the thread meet. hard to explain some are alittle rounder some have that edge alittle more squared off

tork_sd89

Baywatch
hmmm well with my 205's I haven't rubbed and federals are a decent tire for cheap.. i only heard that they suck in rain.. but here in Cali we don't get much rain

j13

Keep It Clean
I knew a person on hondatech who auto X's an itr with 15x9 with 235/50/15 offset is stupid, but it must turn sick

Black teg

Catch me if you can
You could go with a 8" wide rim, but you would most likely need to roll your fenders and make sure you get the right offset on them so nothing rubs.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You can fit 245/40/15. Unfortunately, only companies like Avon and Hoosier make tires in that size. I'm waiting for a company to develop a street tire/R-Compound in 245/40/15.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
whats wrong what cali!

arent rpf1's "race wheels" honestly for integras i think 16x7 or 16x8 are perfect. if you're slammed i'd raise your car up a little and maybe do a fender roll and pull
Haha, nothing. I love Cali, I live in the North Bay

phatintegra

Banned
Running on one of my sets 215/35/17 and lowered on Eibach Sportline with some of the tire tucked in fender. No issue with a little rubbing when I gover over bumps.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Ive read of multiple people being able to fit 225s under their wheel wells with rolled and pulled fenders.

I plan to do the same next year.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i currently am riding on some 215s on 17 inch wheels. the car is at stock ride height and i had to roll the rear fenders so they wouldnt rub on corners but other than that theyre fine