Wheel Fitment question...yes, another thread..

95TegDC4

The "similar threads we found" are a lot of questions, and no answers, except for people flaming about searching..which defeats the purpose of searching when all I can find are threads telling people to search.

Regardless, I just dropped the Teggy, and I'm trying to figure out some wheels to go on her, instead of the meshes. I don't wanna drop money, and then have them not fit.

I have a few problems I can see myself running into with them.
I can get my fenders rolled, obviously.

My biggest question is between the two sets of rims I'm looking at, I'm trying to figure out if they'll fit without any major modification, and crazy rubbing.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=SN157410035GML&wheelMake=Axis+OG&wheelModel=San&wheelFinish=Gold+w/Machined+Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Acura&autoModel=Integra&autoYear=1995&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4655804925GML&wheelMake=Enkei+Classic&wheelModel=Enkei92&wheelFinish=Gold+w/Machined+Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Acura&autoModel=Integra&autoYear=1995&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Those are the two links to the 2 different wheels.
They both come in either 15x7 or 15x8 and either +25, +35 or +38 offset.
I'm going for a little poke, like this pic:

Which would be the better option? Most likely going to be running either 195 45 or 50 series..
Idk which width is better with which offset. Leaning towards the enkei 92's.
Please lemme know your input on which would be the better choice!
Thanks a ton!!!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
cant pick for you. tell us what you want and we'll tell you if it fits.

question is, do you have a camber kit and are your fenders rolled? these days you can make anything fit... DO YOU HAVE THE MONEY?!?!?

95TegDC4

I told you what I wanted, it's that picture up there in the thread^.
I do not have the money for a full set of rims and tires as of now, but when I get the money for the full set, I'll be making the purchase, and I don't want to spend the money on the wrong ones, you know?
My camber kits are on the way to the house, and I'm waiting to get the fenders rolled, my buddy gets back in town in about a week, so then I'll make it work.

Nick_C78

The only reason you would want 15x8 is if you go to the track. Also 195's will not fit on a 8 inch width rim, 205 barely do.

You wanna get 15x7 with a 35 offset and get your fenders rolled regardless. Eventually you want to upgrade your tires to 205/50/15 so they don't look so stretched.

95TegDC4

When you get your fenders rolled properly are there more than one set 'amount' of the roll?

phenom3030

I've seen 165s on a 8" wheel...

Check these links out for some reference. willtheyfit.com, tyrestretch.comtheres another one that I can't seem to find right now but I'll keep looking. I run 8" wide wheels and I don't track mine.

You don't need to stretch a tire, but it helps with fitment. A meatier tire will be hard to fit without rubbing if youre going with an offset in the 20+ range. The tyrestretch link will help visualize what size tires you're considering.

Nick_C78

Don't think so. The object is to flatten out that seam that rubs on tires as much as possible. Serves no other purpose. So I am not sure why you would want different levels of it.

95TegDC4

Just wanna make sure. Lol.
Appreciate it man.

Also, any certain reason why everything I find as far as doing a spec 98 front end conversion, it costs almost as much as a jdm front conversion installed?.

phenom3030

I'm assuming you're talking about converting to the usdm 98-01 front. If so, you should be able to do that on your own. Just source the bumper, headlights, corner lights and corner light brackets. It's remove/replace from there.

95TegDC4

I'm assuming you're talking about converting to the usdm 98-01 front. If so, you should be able to do that on your own. Just source the bumper, headlights, corner lights and corner light brackets. It's remove/replace from there.
I was actually talking about the parts for the spec 98 conversion are just as expensive as the parts and labor for a JDM swap at a local 'jdm' shop.
I can do an easy spec 98 conv. easily, but I can't do the welding or cutting on the jdm conversion.

The parts for the spec 98 are about 1100 bucks, the parts and labor for the jdm are about 1500.
Most expensive parts for the 98 front end are the headlights, the cheapest I can find are around 250 a side..

phenom3030

Wow, that is pretty steep. I converted to the 98-01 front on my old 2dr. I went with a certify style front bumper from eBay. Fit was excellent, just didn't have the "integra" imprinted in the corner. I was lucky and sourced some oem headlight for $150. You could always run non oem replacements. Overall, the parts cost me about $500 or less.
But if you're trying to stick with oem only, then I can understand the steep prices.

Nick_C78

I've seen 165s on a 8" wheel...
Thats like putting a bicycle tire on a pick up truck rim... Also sometimes just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. That is one hell of a stretch man...There is a reason why tires say they have a specific rim width range. I never understood why people stretch their tires. Why not just get a smaller rim? To each their own I guess.

Also, that isn't the look he wants to achieve. Remember he is stressing that he wants the set up in that pic exactly. And obviously I know people run 8's that don't track, but I was just saving this guy a head ache on fitment. And again that photo isn't an 8 inch rim. I was just answering his question about what set up is in that pic.

Not trying to bash your post. You did make a lot of valid points though. However I actually researched it after you said that you seen 165 in 8's and I have yet to see a tire that says itll do that. I have yet to even find a 195/45/15 or a 195/50/15 that says itll fit on an 8 also. Mind you I am reading the tires specs themselves. Not looking up what people have tried/done.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
These days you have to filter through the results that just tell you to search to find the ones that have answers but its because of all the new posts by people that arent searching that adds to the clutter. I can guarantee that you could have found your answer because ive done the search already and read through many upon many of many threads with varying answers, almost none of which were difinitive because you cant really have a single definitive answer for each person.

The first thing im gonna mention is that you dont know whether that car you posted has a zero offset. That changes your game plan a bit depending on how exact you were trying to be to that. Lets assume you just want something similar. I'll try to simplify your options.

For that look, you have to be low. Tire tucking. And thats not 'poke' thats flush. Its lowered to the point that the camber brings the top of the wheel flush in with the car however that car in particular probably has a camber kit because once you go lower than zero fender gap youre in the range of needing a camber kit to get more clearance or just better. If you go lower than 20/25 offset you absolutely want a camber kit because it will 'poke' out too much. Regardless of how low you are or arent.

You could go with whatever rim choice you want and instead of going with a wider wheel and/or low offset, just use wheel spacers to bring out the wheel. No matter what you do you will want to roll the fenders.

Tire choice will kinda be up to you. 205 will have a mild stretch as will 195 but obviously the 195 gives more clearance. Sidewall should stay at 50 or 45 but on a 15" if you go 45 or as low as 40 it wont look good if you arent slammed. Too thin imo. I wont cover the topic much but some brands handle stretch better than others according to what ive read. It is ALWAYS against recommendation to run a stretch tire so doing so is at your own risk and everyone who does drive on one is accepting that risk.