Where's all the meets at in Tacoma/Seattle?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Aright, it's getting warmer and dryer. Jus sayin.
I was doing some pre-spring cleaning today to make room for my new computer desk. Found a Chilton for a 94-00 integra, 98 integra owners manual and PS fluid. Im giving them to you, if you want them? Its gonna go in the garbage, if not.

SoundEfx

Fuc it, I'll take it. I need to flush my ps fluid anyway, so good timing.

SoundEfx

Well seeing that most if not all of you guys are south, tacoma looks to be like the middle ground (lucky bastards).

Let me know which Sunday you guys are free.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Here's the thing about meets. There needs to be a host for it. The coordinator that sets it up, posts a date/time and location. Make it solid and dont back out or change the date at the last minute.

Sound, i would start local first. Dont go over board and try to get everyone together. Its not going to happen. People from Portland will not drive to Tacoma. And people in Seattle will not drive to Olympia/Centralia. Its how it is and i have seen so many people who say they will go, to end up not showing.

I hosted one in the Portland area, and a lot of people from Olympia to Seattle said they would go, but didnt. I understand that life, family and jobs are priority. Its all good, but when 75% of the people bail for the same reason, that becomes a problem. I even had it posted 6 weeks in advanced. What i am saying is, start local then grow as the meets grow.

This is what i would do. Figure out a date that works for YOU(remember, you are the host, not other people that want to come out), and is not on a holiday weekend. Find a venue to host it(preferably a place, where you can do it once a week or twice a month). Pick a time, usually late morning/early afternoon is a good time. This way, if people want, we can cruise to get lunch. Unless, the place you picked has a restaurant.

If you want a specific car meet, then let that be known, but i would leave it to any make to bring in the crowd. Then be that guy that tells others to leave, if they are being obnoxious and not courteous to their surroundings.

SOUND, when is this going to happen? :lol:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Lol I just want like a small meet and greet with just the CI fam. I also forgot Im in Pullman now so it'll be like a 5 hour drive for me. Might just wait til the summer.

SoundEfx

Lowered brought up the meet idea and now he's already backing out until summer. You younglings?!?!??! lol

I am not branching out any time soon, because as you said, people don't want to drive, so I hang out with some North car people. But I don't get it, why have a car and NOT drive it.

The small thing my friend brought up was a 'cannon ball' run from Redmond to Portland. Nothing serious or money involved, just bragging rights. I tried to plan it so that there was possible something to go to in OR, but it never happened. I will try to organize that again this summer.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Lowered brought up the meet idea and now he's already backing out until summer. You younglings?!?!??! lol

I am not branching out any time soon, because as you said, people don't want to drive, so I hang out with some North car people. But I don't get it, why have a car and NOT drive it.

The small thing my friend brought up was a 'cannon ball' run from Redmond to Portland. Nothing serious or money involved, just bragging rights. I tried to plan it so that there was possible something to go to in OR, but it never happened. I will try to organize that again this summer.
This guy goes to more car meets than any of us on here. I been out of touch with the car scene to long to figure out where they are now. It used to be at KK here in Tacoma, until the cops took charge and kicked everyone out for loitering.

There is a triple XXX meet coming up the first week of March.

SoundEfx

The problem with me is that I'm typically working on a Saturday and that is when most of the meets are.