Which aftermarket distributor to chose?

franco305

Hey my dizzy is going bad and its time to replace it. Which aftermarket brand do you guys recommend? Any feedback on Beck arnley,cardone, rich porter? I have looked for an oem dizzy, but all of the acura oem parts websites have this part discontinued, except for one that is selling it for $476 plus shipping. Thanks.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Not sure about the ones you listed but I personally have an msd setup and have never had an issue. Some call it overkill but I like it. Starts right up right away

nmcginnis17

Find an oem one on eBay. I got mine for like 115 shipped

franco305

Yeah MSD is for sure a great brand and a nice upgrade but for $500+ and since it is going on my daily driver I believe a Napa will do the job. I just called Napa and they have it on stock for $244 and comes with a 1 year warranty. Now do you have any feedbacks? How long have you have it?
Whose ebay store you got it from? I am not a big fan of used things on ebay, got ripped off a couple of times.

Last edited:

72Spitfire

I have a used one from a B20 swap I'm doing right now. It's from a Tiger Japanese motor so it should have less than 30K on it. It's OBD2. If you want a used one, name your price and it's yours. Just PM me.

franco305

I bought a napa one, let's see how long it last. I will take you in consideration 72Spitfire. Thanks.

franco305

I returned the napa dizzy, it sucked and was acting weird under hot miami weather.I then bought an obdII crv dizzy for cheap,and converted it to obdI. It feels/acts way better than any other aftermarket dizzy out there (well except msd i guess).
Thank you for the help.