Which alarm system should I get?

joexchoi

hey guys. I'm trying to buy a new alarm system for my car
but having trouble finding a decent price and a recommendation.
anybody know a good one? thanks

shim

i need money
Viper 5701. Around me, they're about $100 refurb'd and $170ish new.
They look real clean and have a lot of functions for the price!

Just my two cents.

bardahl

viper for sure i had karr on my civic and i didnt like it

Last edited:

iScreaMi

Can I change username?
Code Alarm 650 is what im using... its the hotness lol.

Works good. It has prevented mexicans from stealing my car on 2 occasions.

phatintegra

Banned
DEI product
GPS Tracker
2 way pager
Iphone or BlackBerry Smart Start
Clifford BlackJax
Fuel cut off switch

sexypinkteggy01

_TeGGy GrL_
i love my viper... never *knock on wood* had any problems. i love the remote nd the confirmation its locked n suches... but yea, dei does make quite a few.

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
TwoWay FM GSM/GPS ALARM, best if 2-3 alarms separately, all with individual immobilisers, one for ecu power line/fuel pump/ignition coil (-) terminal, and u can add some more just cant imagine what. When installing take a handy day off and imagine being yourself a thieve, so install it that way as if you being as smart you couldnt reach it by yourself easily, like wires and units, sensors. sounds crazy but you will thank yourself in a future, believe this

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
DEI brands ie Viper, Python, Clifford, Hornet. Viper 350 is a good basic alarm. Look through the company's site and see which alarm comes with a remote you like. The high end remote start paging alarms will cost you upwards of $600 or more installed. And these are way beyond the average person being able to install w/out training. But a Viper 350 isn't too hard if you're patient and not intimidated by electricity, willing to buy the correct tools, and you can follow instructions.

Multiple alarms makes no sense at all. Ask any installer. And besides, are you going to carry multiple remotes and hit them each in turn? No, you're not. That's dumb.

Click my sig.

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
Multiple alarms makes no sense at all. Ask any installer. And besides, are you going to carry multiple remotes and hit them each in turn? No, you're not. That's dumb.
Dumb is being not concerned about security/protecting whats yours. I dont give a shit what do you think or say - you dont have to ask any Installer - ask Car Thieves how difficult is to rob the car when the car had more than 2 or 3 separate professionally installed independent of each other security layers on the car - you will be ashamed of your thoughts. Majority installers care only about quick money and easy got-use-to installation steps, so even if my opinion here is not welcome-dumb, u should face reality when car is robbed and mark my words if some scumbag which cant read or write plain native languege gets away with a car just because of your 5Star alarm being killed in 5 minutes and car is gone.

I do things my way and I give advices according to whats being asked so that's all I want to say for now.

No offense please, just keep it real

bored at work

i work for AUDIOVOX who owns PRESTIGE, PURSUIT & we now offer any of the OMEGA products. IMO when i owned my stereo shop i pushed COMPUSTAR a lot! in fact i have a compustar in both my and my girl's cars! compustar is a very solid company and if you want a remote start, every single one of their units are manual safe! and of all the models that AUDIOVOX carry i'd recommend you checking out the EXCALIBER AL-1920EDP (touchscreen alarm/remote start, manual safe) or the AL-2020EDP (1 mile range alarm/remote start, manual safe)

the 1920 is going on my next hoopty!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Dumb is being not concerned about security/protecting whats yours. I dont give a shit what do you think or say - you dont have to ask any Installer - ask Car Thieves how difficult is to rob the car when the car had more than 2 or 3 separate professionally installed independent of each other security layers on the car - you will be ashamed of your thoughts. Majority installers care only about quick money and easy got-use-to installation steps, so even if my opinion here is not welcome-dumb, u should face reality when car is robbed and mark my words if some scumbag which cant read or write plain native languege gets away with a car just because of your 5Star alarm being killed in 5 minutes and car is gone.

I do things my way and I give advices according to whats being asked so that's all I want to say for now.

No offense please, just keep it real
did you check his website? he has the best write ups for security imaginable.......

bored at work

just checked out suspended's website... being an installer for over 10 years, shop owner and now work for a major mobile electronics manufacturer i've got to say that the site is pretty dead on! great write up!