who knows VTEC?

DustinXIX

ok i have a 1991 Da lookin to go vtec, i was wondering what are al the components id need to complete this setup? ohhh btw i have the stck B18a1 engine still with 150,000 miles on it.any input is greatly appreciated

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
either a vtec equiped motor, or a vtec head with a ls/vtec conversion kit, you need a vtec ecu and run two wires to your solenoid and then youre done

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
jhpusa.com

ls vtec requires a dyno tune, and might as well build the motor since you are dynoing it

DustinXIX

alright, awesome feedback.whats an estimate, price wise, on this conversion to vtec if im doing most of the work (aside from the tune) myself?

DustinXIX

i want a little more kick out of my car, its gotta be able to be a daily driver, i dont want crazy power.i mostly wanna do it so i have time and effort in my car.i wanna make it my own.but like i said, just a lil more power than stock :p

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i want a little more kick out of my car, its gotta be able to be a daily driver, i dont want crazy power.i mostly wanna do it so i have time and effort in my car.i wanna make it my own.but like i said, just a lil more power than stock :p
depends on your budget....i would get a tuner 1 cam from skunk2 or a blox a cam

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1.go to tunersports.com or jhpusa
2. see something you like, add it to your cart
3. check out
4. select your shipping method
5. your exact quote of the products shipped

Note: your ecu and head will come from craigslist.com or jdmland.com
some modifications need supporting mods etc. so know what you want when getting your list together