why are older integras so expensive

Dave Hester

why does everyone want an insane amount of money for a 22 year old car? My son wants a 1990 or
91, and all craigslist brings up are these vehicles for 2k or more..

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Yuuup! Because they are reliable, have large aftermarket support, and are just all around great cars and that goes for all gen integras

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Yuuup! Because they are reliable, have large aftermarket support, and are just all around great cars and that goes for all gen integras
^^^^this. These cars last forever and like all honda's hold there value very well. Becareful when buying one alot of idiots work on them and your likely to find alot of botched work done to them. for $2200 and up it should be pretty clean and close to stock. I paid $1300 for mine and got lucky but it does need some work and has some botched half ass stuff done to it. but, it runs so good. Worth the money im going to put in it :)

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Depends where you are too..I'm in chicago and there is a high demand for honda's and acura's - and rust free ones at that...my Crx that I had I sold for 2200 dollars and it had 250K on it because ppl will pay for a clean car - sold it in 2 days too...here they way overpriced IMO but it can't be helped

Sent from my iPhone 4S

ZaWn

Honda/Acura are known to maintain their value even after years have passed.

If you were to observe, the older generation vehicles from the 90s to 01 have are made from better quality than the later 00s. This is due to the increase of materials required to produce these cars and for the manufacturer to maintain the selling price of these cars, they sacrificed quality. You can tell just by looking at the car interior. The later models has a thin plastic looking dash while the older models have a more rigid material that can last longer(Compared the newest Civic Si in the Moscone Show and my 01 integra). This makes the older Hondas/ Acuras more desirable.

With the trend of increasing gas prices, the older Hondas/Acuras has gas mileage that can be compared with the newer models. Furthermore, the fact that these older Hondas/Acuras are more reliable, can last pretty long and has a lower base price than the newer models, it's no wonder these cars are more attractive. Parts for these cars are also readily available and pretty cheap.

Last year, I noticed that the prices for civics/integras/other comparable cars increase by around 2k on craigslist. I noticed this because it wasn't too long ago that I myself was looking for a car and had been monitoring the auto market for some time. I believe the reason for this increase in price is due to the current economy crisis and the fact that owning an older Hondas/Acuras is cost-effective.

-Z-

Dave Hester

That's a good tip about staying with cars that haven't been modified. Lots of modified ones on Craigslist with big asking prices. I can understand the ' investment ' into a car but they shouldn't be asking that much.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
That's a good tip about staying with cars that haven't been modified. Lots of modified ones on Craigslist with big asking prices. I can understand the ' investment ' into a car but they shouldn't be asking that much.
be careful on stock ones too, main focus when you look at a stock integra, check oil, ball joints, and tie rods, look for rotted out brake lines, ect

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
For most, it's not a car, it's an investment into a lifestyle. Value, as with anything, is based on what someone will pay for it. People love Integras and the more time that passes, the more difficult it is to find a decent, stock Integra

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
For most, it's not a car, it's an investment into a lifestyle. Value, as with anything, is based on what someone will pay for it. People love Integras and the more time that passes, the more difficult it is to find a decent, stock Integra
^^^^^this. I spent a few months trying to find one that was in pristine condition. Good things happen when you are patient.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
^^^^^this. I spent a few months trying to find one that was in pristine condition. Good things happen when you are patient.
Tell me about it. I never found a pristine one in the socal Area :( but I'm happy with what I have and will make a nice little project (I prefer that anyways lol can't leave anything alone)

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Tell me about it. I never found a pristine one in the socal Area :( but I'm happy with what I have and will make a nice little project (I prefer that anyways lol can't leave anything alone)
Yeah, I ended up paying 6.5 for a virgin dc4, 98k miles. It is possible. Post some pics up! What are your plans for now?

ssbp dc2

I paid 3k Even for my 98 GSR in 2010. From old people. They take care of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.