Why does my clutch mastery keep failing!??!?

HooliganSKATE

So I've replaced my clutch master cylinder twice in the past 6 months, and noticed tonight that it is leaking again.. Each time before I've replaced it I've used DOT3 fluid, made sure to bleed the system thoroughly and properly and thought I was using high quality parts.. This is getting beyond frustrating, anyone know what I need to do to stop this from happening? I've got a Yonaka stage 3 clutch in my car because it's turbo, I had the flywheel resurfaced at the time of the clutch install. That was professionally installed about a year ago now if that matters.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Evan

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I don't think clutch stages matter whether it's turbo or not.

Torque determines what stage you need.

Is your clutch master cylinder replaced with used, reman, or oem

Also, how do you know if it's the master cylinder and not the slave cylinder?

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
What brand did you replace it with? Ive seen the cheap re manufactured cylinders fail in less than a year. Hopefully its still under warranty.

HooliganSKATE

I can't remember exactly, I know I spent like $50 on it from rock auto, and it was the better of what they had in stock. Could the slave cylinder cause this to keep happening?

Sent from a birds insides using a typewriter

HooliganSKATE

The clutch is squeaking and I can see the master cylinder leaking inside the car.

Sent from a birds insides using a typewriter

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
My guess: remanufactured replacement parts :thumbdown:

Last edited:

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Buy a good used one or buy oem.

A lot of those online part stores are usually remanufactured parts.

HooliganSKATE

I just ordered a brand new OEM master cylinder. Lets hope this does the trick. Should I order a Slave cylinder as well?

itzrivera

Where is it leaking from?
When I did my swap I ordered a new master from exedy/daiken. Within a month my pedal went soft. Checked it out and apparently the piece that tightens the clutch line to the master wasn't tight enough to keep the line on. I had to replace that piece with another fasterner (can't remember what they're called). So, I would check that, just in case.