Why upgrade injectors?

TekBuDDy

im planin on puttin together a turbo this summer. I know you have to change the injectors, but why? Is it still possible for me to use my stock ones??

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
TekBuDDy said:
would it be good to use gsr or type-r injectors for more boost

GSR and ITR Injectors are 240cc just like those found in the LS integra's

My advice to you is check out RC Engineering. they have a calculator to help get the desired CC that is needed. they also make custom injectors.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
TekBuDDy said:
but notting will happen if i use my stock ones right?
Something will happen..... there is a chance they will either stay shut or stay open. you cannot over work the injectors. The 240CC have a peak of about 200hp. after that you need bigger injectors. after one goes the rest are not far behind. Fuel is your engines life line. Too rich-carbon build up and fowled plugs.......Too lean- detonation (blow engine to bits)

Winki

Undercover mod
If you want cheep injectors you can use get some from a junk yard off of a GSX, GST, or lazer turbo. most other factory cars that were turbo should fit also, but DSM injectors are my first choice for "cheep" injectors for turbo

LStegg

1 bad LS
U can but to get the full effect u should go w/ some aftermarket ones I think. If u dont have the money right now though u will be fine. :rice:

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
Bigblock-B said:
If you want cheep injectors you can use get some from a junk yard off of a GSX, GST, or lazer turbo. most other factory cars that were turbo should fit also, but DSM injectors are my first choice for "cheep" injectors for turbo
This is true. you can do that, BUT there are two types of injectors: saturated and unsaturated. you need to find out what your car has. The DSM injectors i believe are saturated and 94 and up hondas are unsaturated. you would need to get them pressure tested, then get a resistor box so the injectors pulse correctly. its a little more complicated than just getting DSM injectors.

PogKai

B20VTEC
TekBuDDy said:
would it be good to use gsr or type-r injectors for more boost
guess what? type r injectors are 240cc.. wich is the same as other B series.

back to topic.. if you add air (boost) you'll need to compensate fuel..

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Go with RC Engineering! if your injectors go more than 80% duty cycle you will run into what is called a gross fuel dump which will kill your power and run waaaayyyyy too rich.....if your lucky! you could just run lean and blow up

Last edited: