Winter Tires in the Vancouver-Whistler area. HELP!

khiyasu

Hi guys, I am a new owner of a 2000 integra and its time to get winter tires for my teggy. Right now I am sitting on 205/40/17s not sure what tires they are but im pretty sure they are summer tires.

My question is what is a good place to get really good and affordable snow/winter tires in between the Vancouver to Whistler area? I like in Squamish and commute to Whistler occassionally.

My car is slightly lowered. What tire size and which tires would you recommend for the Squamish-Whistler commute? After doing some research I think the Michelin x-ice is pretty good, Brigestone Blizzaks, and I think Continental Extreme Contact?

So where would you recommend for a good price and which tires would be good for Whistler driving? THanks guys!

Jay417

Beast From The East
I use Blizzaks and i feel unstoppable lol but just drive careful and no agressive driving cause they wear out fast.

tgard

Don't know if you got your tires yet but I would recommend going to Canadian Tire and getting some Goodyear Nordics on Steel rims. I drove mine up and down Mt washington on Vancouver Island last year in lots of heavy snow and they are awesome. No need to spend more on x ice etc.

khiyasu

i got a set of blizzaks with over 90% thread on steelies for $420. Pretty good deal i think! :)