Worth fixing or no?

nayy

Havent been on here in a long time. But heres what i got. My 95 ls has been my daily driver for the past 2 years i was on my way home from work and the car just shuts off, come to find out that the timing belt snapped while i was on the highway not sure what else could be wrong with it if anything at all it does have 200k+, im wanting to maybe use it as a project now but want to get advice from people who have been around these cars for a while and im wondering is this something that is worth doing? (Rebuilding, or possibly new engine) or should i just say screw it and junk the car? Sorry no pics as i am trying to get advaise to make my final decision on what to do with the thing thanks i advanced

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Noneed2Hate

b18bs/b20bs are a dime a dozen. you could snag one anywhere from $250-500 roughly. I'd say if you like the car enough that's a decently cheap route to go over buying a new car or having the engine rebuilt.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'd do a compression test to see if the engine is even worth fooling with. If the top end is trashed, I don't know if I'd bother with it. Like mentioned above, replacement engines could be had for cheap, or use it as an excuse to upgrade.