Wrong Weight in 3rd gen Specs. DB is not lighter.

DB7ish

Under 3rd Gen Specs you guys have:

Dimensions:

DC2/DC4:
Wheelbase: 101.2
Length: 172.4
Width: 67.2
Height: 52.6
Weight: 2639 lbs
Track Front: 58.1
Track Rear: 57.8
Turning Radius: 34.8
Seating Capacity: 2+2
Front Head room: 38.9
Front Leg room: 42.7
Rear Head room: 36.0
Rear Leg room: 28.1
Drag Coefficient: ???

DB7/DB8:
Wheelbase: 103.1
Length: 178.1
Width: 67.2
Height: 53.9
Weight: 2628 lbs
Track Front:
Track Rear:
Turning Radius: 35.4
Seating Capacity: 2+2
Front Head room: 38.9
Front Leg room: 42.2
Rear Head room: 36.0
Rear Leg room: 32.7
Drag coefficient:???

This puts the DB as 11 lbs lighter than the DCs. I'm pretty sure the weight should be 2728 for the DBs, since I believe there is about a 90 lbs difference.

Nick_C78

Depends what people used at the base comparisons. Whether it is fully loaded with leather interior and whatnot, but you are right about the bare shell weight more. They probably had a base DB vs a fully loaded DC.

DB7ish

True, but they are displaying the basic specs on an Integra website, they should reflect that the DB is heavier than a DC. If optioned exactly the same, the DB should be between 70-90 lbs heavier based on what I've heard.

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... This is the bitchiest, most nitpick thing I've ever read on this site...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Obviously just a typo since it's only one digit off. I know who probably did that, but I don't want to point fingers lol.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just when I thought things couldn't regress any further...

Nick_C78

The dc is heavier than the db.
That rear hatch glass is heavy as f***.

Noobs.
In a lot of cases the 4 door is lighter, like the eg civic and even the Nissan G35 is known for the 4 door being lighter and better handling. However, this is not one of those cases. The 3 door integra is lighter than the 4 door, but the 4 door actually handles better stock for stock because the rear hatch allows for enormous chassis flex. The added 100 lbs does make them almost even out though if we compared lap times, because on these little motors 100 lbs is a lot.

DB7ish

Yeah, and I'm not really trying to nitpick or anything. But I figured it was just a typo and easily correctable if any one cared enough to do so. Thought it might help people out if they came to this site looking for specs on Integras, or to compare DBs vs DCs.