WTF is wrong?

95teg

ok so my clock didnt work so i got a new one, and nothing. So i print out a schmatic (however u spell it) and i traced the problem to a fuse under the hood by the battery, its called a "back up" and is 7.5 A. so then the clock works and i plug my cd player back in and turn the car on, and WTF! the clock doesnt work, fuse blown again.. so conclusion is.. everytime i unplug & plug back in my CD player, the fuse blows.. any idea what it could be.. a bad ground somewhere possibly..im jangled really...idk.. :worthy:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Sounds like your radio is shorting out and popping the fuse. Is your radio stock or aftermarket? Pull out the radio and look at the RED and YELLOW wires (if its aftermarket), check and see that they're not pinched by anything and that they're not cut open and touching metal.
YELLOW wire: Constant power (always live, even if the cars off).
RED wire: Switched power (only live when the ignition /car is on).

If the wires look ok, your deck may be fried internally. Although this is what fuses are meant to prevent, if you wire the speakers wrong and introduce the radio to an ohm load lower than 4, that'll cook it. Wiring a speaker backwards (putting the + to the - and vice versa) won't cause this low ohm load situation, so don't worry about that. That'll just kill the bass output of the speakers, that's all. Or if the radio gets really hot under normal operating conditions, although that's rare, will cook it too. Smell the radio, does it smell burnt? It's like a stinky, carbon scorched smell. Don't confuse the "fried radio" smell with the "warm electronics" smell, they smell quite similar to someone who hasn't had alot of experience in this area.

So its either:
1. Power wires from the deck are touching metal (ground)
2. Fried radio

95teg

deck works great, i mean if i take out the fuse hook it all up and then put the fuse back in, its ok until i take the deck out..

after market. and yeah all the wires are hooked up right/../ not touching ne thing

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
95teg said:
i mean if i take out the fuse hook it all up and then put the fuse back in, its ok until i take the deck out..
the fuse is ok until you take the deck out? what do you mean "take the deck out"?

Please use proper punctuation so we can understand you.

95teg

"take deck out" remove, not in car.. out / gone? lol u dont understand what take deck out it? CD player / "deck".. when i unplug the cd player as if i was to remove it. The fuse will be fine until i plug the CD player back in. Its like its to much for it or something. Its the right size fuse '7.5' i've replaced it numerous times now and its getting annoying. Say i want to hook / unhook my cd player to get to wires for my system. I have to go take out the fuse, un hook cd player and do what i gotta do. plug cd player back in and then put fuse back in also..sounds like a bad ground to me somewhere. funny thing is they hard grounded the cd player to a frame rail behind the cd player, instead of useing the blck wire on the harness.. maybe i should change that?

Baldy201

Your cd player is grounding out somewhere. there is no reason for the fuse to pop if it was not grounding out.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
95teg said:
if i take out the fuse hook it all up and then put the fuse back in, its ok until i take the deck out..
The sentence makes no sense.
Your saying if you take out the fuse, then hook up the radio, then put the fuse back in, the radio then works until you take it out. :???:
Or you could be saying if you take out the fuse, then hook up the radio, then put the fuse back in, the fuse is ok until you take the deck out. :???:
Whichever it is, it makes no sense.

But the bootom line is, your deck is shorting out. Either a power wire is touching ground or the deck is fried. Using a new ground wire won't change anything. Even if that ground is a bad ground, that's not something that'll make fuses pop. The radio just won't turn on, that's all.

catalin

95teg said:
ok so my clock didnt work so i got a new one, and nothing. So i print out a schmatic (however u spell it) and i traced the problem to a fuse under the hood by the battery, its called a "back up" and is 7.5 A. so then the clock works and i plug my cd player back in and turn the car on, and WTF! the clock doesnt work, fuse blown again.. so conclusion is.. everytime i unplug & plug back in my CD player, the fuse blows.. any idea what it could be.. a bad ground somewhere possibly..im jangled really...idk.. :worthy:
How about you tell us what the Acura side of the wires are connected to. The yellow/red and yellow/white more importantly.... How about the red/black did you by chance connect it to the black ground wire of the stereo?