Questions about a B20 Swap

Rich-PMS

Funny, because my LS beats my friends built gsr most of the time :)

vtec is pretty over rated. IMO- learn your car, learn how to drive it top notch. It's free found quickness!

WAR 178

Premium User
I think each driver defines the car in the long run. I spank due to keeping my ls tranny with my gsr vtec, I think the longer ls gears seem to burn the guys driving b16/gsr trans. I love my mid range power band when the vtec kicks with all of my extra bolt ons. i felt the same way about vtec, and kept my ls for a looong time. I do see a diff in the two.

note: sorry if this became a thread jack. You will be good to go with all of your ls parts on the b20 block. good luck with switch.

Rich-PMS

Majority if people can't keep up with quick shifting too well, and hit rev limiter- which slows them down.

The only time LS trans is optimal is when you're making crazy HP and spin too much 1st-2nd-3rd gear on a type r or gsr trans.

Ch_n0

I think each driver defines the car in the long run. I spank due to keeping my ls tranny with my gsr vtec, I think the longer ls gears seem to burn the guys driving b16/gsr trans. I love my mid range power band when the vtec kicks with all of my extra bolt ons. i felt the same way about vtec, and kept my ls for a looong time. I do see a diff in the two.

note: sorry if this became a thread jack. You will be good to go with all of your ls parts on the b20 block. good luck with switch.
Its all good!! In the future i want to do VTec but i still need to a lot of upgrades on my car before i put more HP. and about the driver it is very true ive raced people with vtec and i have beat them some have beat my ass but i agree that the driver matters the most in a good car.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
learn how to drive faster before you put hella power in.

Tegge monster..

I also have a b20b in my 96 ls i have all bolt ons
N just got a hold of a gsr tranny.
My opinion im quick as f*^ck i love my b20
Torrqe in the tegge body is perfect
All n all a b20 bolts on perfect power n also
Compadable with ls parts.....

Team relentless
Fresno ca