Questions about a B20 Swap

Ch_n0

ok so i have a 95 db7 Integra LS i have a stock b18b1 at the moment but i wanna do a b20 swap. i would really appreciate if you guys answer some questions i have about this.

1.What do i need to this kind of swap?

2.Can i use the same ECU i have?

3.Can i use the same Tranny?

4.any other extras would be great!!!

Thank you ALL!!! :)

nicoalex2

ok so i have a 95 db7 Integra LS i have a stock b18b1 at the moment but i wanna do a b20 swap. i would really appreciate if you guys answer some questions i have about this.

1.What do i need to this kind of swap?
swap intake manifold, starter, alternator
2.Can i use the same ECU i have?
yes
3.Can i use the same Tranny?
yes
4.any other extras would be great!!!
swap driverside mount also

Thank you ALL!!! :)
They also say swap crank pulley, i think

Rich-PMS

I'd suggest upgrading to poly motor mounts, and replace your clutch/flywheel while you're at it

nicoalex2

might as well go B20v route...
Why do you say that? What if he just wants to do a b20? Maybe he doesn't have money to do a vtec head swap. Why not just help him with the questions or don't answer at all

mjones73

Why do you say that? What if he just wants to do a b20? Maybe he doesn't have money to do a vtec head swap. Why not just help him with the questions or don't answer at all
Maybe the OP didn't know it was an option? Calm down, he was just offering a suggestion.

JDMb20DC2

I have a b20b swapped in my LS.

I bought my B20 long block and used everything from my LS (tranny,dizzy,intake manifold,stock mounts, etc etc)

I had to do obd2 to odb1 but your 95 so your already obd2 so your okay.

Its a easy swap and in my opinion better than the LS...more tq stock for stock but less HP but stock for stock will pull LS tegs and i've even had my share of GSR tegs and Si civic's (EM1 & ep3) not bad for a stock b20b.... if your staying all motor go b20vtec with a b16/gsr head ...the block is good untill u go boost i wouldnt go over 300fwhp ...

nicoalex2

Maybe the OP didn't know it was an option? Calm down, he was just offering a suggestion.
Look at that guys last few posts. He suggests to do an ls/vtec everytime, in other threads.

I don't need to calm down. I like being a feisty.

WAR 178

Premium User
ok so my point to telling people to go lsv, is the simple fact of: everybody asking seems to want more power! why waste time sinking money into a motor that will only get you a few horses or a lil torque. the same $$$ can get you 30-50 hp from the door without breaking the bank. then you can still work the motor more with the bolt ons! i only say this due to the fact that my friend and I both had the same motor (ls) he went the whole port/polish,and dumping $$$ into working the motor. I went with a gsr motor and ended up saving waaay more money and spanking him hands down! I used to think Vtec was a bunch of hype in the long run and I was wrong! WISH I had done it sooner.

Also the question was already answered.... I was giving another thought on the matter.
& Ive only said go lsv 1 other time!!! It just ends up being a cheaper route for vtec than a full swap.
WHY WOULD I SUGGEST TO GO LSV EVERYTIME, BUT YET I HAVE A JDM GSR SWAP?
BUT YET YOU ARE TELLING "ADVICE" & THEN SAY I THINK AFTER... BE EASY HOMIE

JGvtec

ok so my point to telling people to go lsv, is the simple fact of: everybody asking seems to want more power! why waste time sinking money into a motor that will only get you a few horses or a lil torque. the same $$$ can get you 30-50 hp from the door without breaking the bank. then you can still work the motor more with the bolt ons! i only say this due to the fact that my friend and I both had the same motor (ls) he went the whole port/polish,and dumping $$$ into working the motor. I went with a gsr motor and ended up saving waaay more money and spanking him hands down! I used to think Vtec was a bunch of hype in the long run and I was wrong! WISH I had done it sooner.

Also the question was already answered.... I was giving another thought on the matter.
& Ive only said go lsv 1 other time!!! It just ends up being a cheaper route for vtec than a full swap.
WHY WOULD I SUGGEST TO GO LSV EVERYTIME, BUT YET I HAVE A JDM GSR SWAP?
BUT YET YOU ARE TELLING "ADVICE" & THEN SAY I THINK AFTER... BE EASY HOMIE
ls vtec is such a waste.

WAR 178

Premium User
depends on who does the work. ive seen some ls/b20v swaps spanking k series cars.
but then ive seen simple boosted ls motors spanking others... just depends on the guy doing the wrench work and the tuner.