Wiring issue?

so going by what you just told me, this guys had about 3 wires hooked up correctly lol. should both the yellow and the red wire from radio go into the one yellow/red wire on the car? this is the way that it is now, and by what you posted you didn't have the yellow constant from the radio going anywhere. and i know that once i get everything hooked up the way you're telling me, there will be some extra bare wires. are those just to be capped and forgot about?

god, i sound like a 16 year old who just got his first car and comes on CI and knows nothing haha. wiring just isn't my thing.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
No. You have both wires connected to Accessory power, that's why your radio loses memory.

You'll need to connect the blue wire to your car's antenna wire for it to work.

No. You have both wires connected to Accessory power, that's why your radio loses memory.

You'll need to connect the blue wire to your car's antenna wire for it to work.
Ok then only the red goes to the red/yellow. Then that leaves the yellow constant from the radio unhooked. What does that go into? And no, I myself don't have anything hooked anywhere lol I am trying to undo a previous owners clusterfuck.

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
the yellow wire off of the radio is ur 12 volt. that will go to the white/blue wire in the car. and yes any left wires just tape up so they dont ground out.

My teg does that also slapaho when you turn the park lights/ headlights on the glove box light comes on, it is normal
it's normal enough to annoy the piss out of me. if that light is supposed to come on with the headlights, then i'm removing the bulb lol

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
well like i said test the acc and constant for voltage. if they both have voltage then check continuity on the ground. and make sure the fuse on the back of the radio aint blown

well like i said test the acc and constant for voltage. if they both have voltage then check continuity on the ground. and make sure the fuse on the back of the radio aint blown
Dash clock is no longer working either. It was working before the rewiring. If I press a button on the clock, hour or minute, then the clock barely dims on until I let it go

Last edited:

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
well next thing to do is just run a new constant and acc off of ur ignition harness. u have to test ur wires now with a meter or test light to see which one dont have power. and make sure the ground is actauly a ground. im not sure if tegs have more then 1 black wire for the ground. but here is ur wire colors at the ign harness for ur 12volt and acc. also make sure u put a fuse inline of any wire u run from the ign harness.

12volt- white or possibly white/black
acc- yellow

as for the clock mine dont work neather lol im gonna rewire mine soon so ill let u know how u do that soon but doing what i told u will get ur radio going for u