Idle Problems

SolidFrost

DC2_Nick
Hey everyone, I have a 2000 gsr with a b18cR swap and lately its been having bad idling problems. I've been told many things such as clean out the throttle body or check if there is a vacuum leak. So far neither of these things have worked. At some points its so bad that the car dies at stops. If anyone has had the same problem please let me know how you fixed it. My car might just need a tune but I'm not sure. Let me know your thoughts.

Murphy

Meat Master
Eric the car guy talks about a ton of Honda idle issues on you tube. One of the main causes he said was air in the cooling system. I'd bleed and fill your cooling system and if it isn't fixed move onto the intake.

SolidFrost

DC2_Nick
It's running a p38 ecu with hondata s300. Running on 96 spec itr motor with gsr trans. Air intake, headers, and full cat exhaust.

SolidFrost

DC2_Nick
My Air to Fuel ratio bounces back from around 14.6 to 20.0. Oh and should I add that when this started happening the gas pedal became sticky. Also it only idles bad after the car is warmed up. I just put in new coolant in it and thats around the time it started happening.

mybabydc4

I had that prob, where the evap purge solenoid was it was plugged off, also mine was missing a ground and one was loose behind the engine. I cant rememeber but fixing that got it running and idling right. Mine died at stops barely wanted to idle. Good luck hun hope you figure it out

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The vac leak could actually be a sticking throttle plate. Next time this happens try manually closing the throttle pulley by hand and see if that stabilizes the idle.

SolidFrost

DC2_Nick
Alright guys I really need some help on this. So I took my car into the shop about two months ago for the idle because I tried everything. I got the car back after throwing $1800 at the car and it still idles bad. The shop refuses to fix it anymore unless I pay them and I don't have the money right now. They re-did the wiring harness to my ecu, they got a new ecu, and they replaced the distributor. I have taken the new ecu out because they ordered a ls ecu for a type r motor(dumbasses). Anyway i put my old ecu with hondata back in and I got the check engine light to come on but i cant get codes to pop up. I did once but they didn't stay long enough so I could see them. I personally think its a very small vacuum leak but I've had it checked three times for a leak and nothing. I love this car and I want to keep it for a long time. Someone please help all the specs are above. Thanks!