Idle Problems

Murphy

Meat Master
Holy shit $1800 you got scammed big time rofl. Seriously though look up Honda idle problems on you tube and watch Eric's videos.

If you've already bled the cooling system and checked it and the air intake for leaks then I'd move on diagnosing the idle air control valve.

Assuming your old ecu still works start your car and disconnect the electrical connection for the iac. You should get a check engine light and your car should idle very poorly or even die if the iac is functioning properly. If nothing changes you need to replace it.

If your iac is good I'd move on to fuel delivery. When's the last time your fuel filter has been changed? Also test your fuel injectors and see if they're working.

DONT PAY ANYONE TO DO THIS SHIT! You can easily do all this yourself.

Nick_C78

1800? Jesus christ. I always forget how much mechanics charge...

Spray carb cleaner on all of your vacuum lines. If it stalls out you found your leak. Checking the timing wouldn't hurt.

When you say you tried everything give us a detailed list of what you checked and how. Thanks

kidwilson33

Here are some random things to try.. I am not expert by the way, these are just some things I went through while having a wonky idle problem for months.. I have a 98 teg 5 speed stock 1.8 b18

1. Clean out iacv valve
2. Clean out throttle body
3. Check distributor
4. Change the coolant temp sensor ( very cheap part and can be changed in about 5 minutes. If this goes bad, it can possibly tell your ECU to do strange things to compensate. etc.) I think.. Look up symptoms and do some research..
5. Clean out your injectors ( sea foam)
6. Check your O rings that are on the injectors. If they are worn out, maybe when HOT they are creating a vacuum leak. ( this was my problem after replacing all the above)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Have you ever hooked up a vacuum gauge to it so you can eliminate this vacuum issue. If you had leak then you should idle high, can't tell if you're idling low or if its just coming up to a stoplight or what.