I crashed my Teg :'(

BayRollin

I crashed my 2000 LS this morning. Does anyone have personal experience with a body shop in the East Bay Area (Oakland, Hayward, Dublin, etc)? The damage is a bent hood, dented front bumper, and my pride. Everything under the hood is fine, it's just cosmetics that need to get done, especially with the rain we're having.

8-bit

do what now?
aslong as you didnt get hurt. I live on the other side of the country so I have no knowledge of any body shops in your area.
best of luck!

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
do you have any pics? im in michigan and went through something similar at the beginning of the summer. i spent 3 months and close to $700 trying to fix my ls to come to the conclusion that the frame was bent beyond repair. get a shop to look at it and have them tell you what they would need to do so you know what to look for

BayRollin

I'll put some pics up soon, in an hour or two. And no, the frame isn't bent, I can see that much. My hood looks like an accordion and the bumper looks ripped, but nothing under the hood was touched. Car drives fine, no noises, nothing. Just some really severe cosmetics.

jpea_donuts

sorry to hear man. glad ur okay tho! i have a hood and front bumper for sale tho if u need those parts. sell you both for 150 picked up and 200 if you want me to drop them off for you. im bout an hour drive north of oakland

treeafodo

Austin
The pic doesn't work on tapatalk but that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. But at least your ok :) good luck getting it fixed.

Edit : now it's working. It's defiantly fixable. Again, good luck.

8-bit

do what now?
It looks like you just need a hood and front bumper and possibly headlights. How's the engine bay?

mohohoho

Banned
What the hell did you hit?

I'm new to the bay area and I've seen a lot of stuff on craigslist, give it a shot. I've seen some hoods and front bumpers floating around

ryanDC

oh i guess its time for a jdm front lol

(no seriously, if the motor is fine then a jdm front will cost less than new oem parts)

DarkDB1

Those are easy to replace, you can do it yourself... But paint... I don't know where to get it done. Stay away from sids in Oakland though... they suck.

That1GuyMe

Do it your self. Repair your pride by repairing your own car. If you get the parts you can do it youreslf in like an hour.

BayRollin

In response to the questions:

1) Headlights are fine, as is the engine bay. I haven't opened the hood in fear of not being able to close it again, but she drives fine, no sounds, no whining, no visible oil leakage, no outrageous fuel consumption. Even the coolant tank is fine, and that's flimsy plastic and sits at the front.

2) I hit an Accord. You can't see it on the pic, or any of the other ones I took, but it's exhaust pipe left a neat little circle under my right headlights.

3) I'll look into the JDM front, I did find a bumper (unpainted) for roughly $270.

4) I'm also debating whether or not to do it with my dad. This car, while being our project, is also my DD, so I don't know if I want to take the risk of screwing it up. And thanks, that eliminates one place.