Bringing this ej8 back to life

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
So when I put in my y5 my buddy told me he had just put a clutch on 2k miles ago and then upgraded to a b series. I took his word for it and its held up so far. But I do have a little bit of money with my new job and was thinking of getting a good stage 3 clutch after I fix body pieces and paint.

With this being my first 5 speed, idk what brands are good for a clutch. So I need input
Stage clutch are for those that are boosted. I dont see any relevance on why you need a stage 3? It will have to rev your rpms high to get the car rolling, which is dumb as a DD. just my $0.02

R13

The other asshole
Yeah with a weak little sohc or a stock b series vtec even it's best to stick with a stock style clutch, Exedy and Competition clutch are my favorite brands, I've heard good things about ACT as well.

DB7ish

Yeah with a weak little sohc or a stock b series vtec even it's best to stick with a stock style clutch, Exedy and Competition clutch are my favorite brands, I've heard good things about ACT as well.
Unless you are going turbo and think you'll be making some serious power, you shouldn't need a Stage 3. Honestly, stock motor I think you best bet is OEM replacement or maybe Stage 1 clutch if you plan on doing spirited driving with some mods. Exedy or Spec are good brands.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So when I put in my y5 my buddy told me he had just put a clutch on 2k miles ago and then upgraded to a b series. I took his word for it and its held up so far. But I do have a little bit of money with my new job and was thinking of getting a good stage 3 clutch after I fix body pieces and paint.

With this being my first 5 speed, idk what brands are good for a clutch. So I need input
There's no point for anything over a stage 1 with that engine. All you do is create more unnecessary pressure against your bearings and wear synchros faster.

If you want something that feels more crisp, get a Exedy Stage 1 or else stick with a stock clutch.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
OK thanks for the advice everyone. I just don't want to have to replace the clutch constantly. I want something that will hold up for a while

itzrivera

Don't buy that XTD shit_ either. I see it on ebay all the time. Its cheap and the clutch disk will literally break apart. I know cause the previous owner of my car did the same and I had to deal with the headache later down the road.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Unfortunately, I bought this civic broke down and cheaply modified. Other than the motor, all mods were already on the car. So now I have to go back and fix all his mistakes. And I didn't want to have to worry about my clutch going out on me constantly. I don't mind spending the money and doing it right the first time

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Put a compressor on the car and now I have ac again! Wewt. Also seen my brother so I parked behind him to compare height and the civic is way lower than I thought. The top of the trunk was eye level with me in the civic (I'm 6ft). But anyways, figured I'd post a pic so everyone can see whether I upgraded or downgraded

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So someone hit me while I was in GameStop the other night....good thing it's not a nice paint job.

And my struts were wore out so I swapped out the wore out oem ones with 220k+ miles on them for some at a salvage yard with 80k on them. And a buddy Had some coils so I swapped them out. Rides a lot better

I will probably get some teins or skunk2 struts and coils later when my budget allows. But at least its not a trampoline anymore

baseballfan84

some random person hit my car as well while it was parked,.I raged for a good 3 mins because I've been working on fixing the exterior so I really didn't want extra work lol . You should be able to get that nasty scuff out as long as you have the time for it.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I'm ordering a new hood, grill, and driver fender and then im going to paint it. We just got done doing this to a dodge. Probably do the same color

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So thinking of trading my 15s for a set of 17s sitting on toyo tires. What do you think? (They aren't curbed like mine)

Noneed2Hate

you'll have to roll your fenders a little depending on how much of a drop you have if any. I just got 17's for mine and I had to get my fenders rolled. Back tires were rubbing a bit

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
you'll have to roll your fenders a little depending on how much of a drop you have if any. I just got 17's for mine and I had to get my fenders rolled. Back tires were rubbing a bit
My fenders are already rolled. I'm about to raise it and inch and I'll go try a fitment and see how it goes. Just don't know what brand or offset they are. All I know is they are toyo tires with 50-70% tread