RIP "blue" v.2.0 (MASSIVE BUILD TO COME)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
its on the menu. trying upload some pics of my progress today :)

Removed the hatch (Pain in the ass)
Got ONE of my JDM side-markers installed. Tends to be quite time consuming without good enough tools. A drill and a damn file was all I had. No FUCKING BUENO. took 3 damn hours :( gonna get the other one mounted up tomorrow (weather permitting) and do the wiring on them, which will literally take me a few minutes. Buying a damn cut-off wheel to take the bulk of the meat out, and just get the contours out with a file so it should only take me about 20 minutes for the next one.

Last edited:

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
got the other side marker done. went MUCH faster with the proper tools.
started sanding down scratches, etc. to smooth the surface, prepped for primer.
sanded the shit out of my CF hood, eliminating and feathering out any chipping/cracking in the clear. its now smooth as glass and ready for primer/paint.

basically, all I have to do now, is put the bumper back on and take that mofo up the body shop so they can take care of the structural repair, fix a few of the nastier dents, and a rust spot. when they're done, it'll be ready for paint.

SHOULD be DONE inside of the next 20 days. :)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
i was tightening up, fgt. as I was instructed to do by Sir Paden. If I would have had more time, I would have driven to Potomac Mills to meet up and do dinner.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
getting dropped off @ the shop TOMORROW! estimate was WAAAAAAAY lower than originally expected. saving almost 1k.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
as of 11am, the car is at the shop. should have it back in 2-3 weeks. East Coast Mega-Meet, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
So, I went by the shop today. The car will be DONE by thursday :)

So, it'll be home by this weekend, and painted on Sunday! (maybe even Thursday if I can swing the time off of work :) I have all the supplies waiting for it, just need the car. I checked it out, the structural repair is DONE, just have a few things on the list to take care of (still have the rust spot to fix, etc.) and it'll be ready to be released back to me.

MIGHT have sourced a few really rare goodies for this thing, too. Only 2 people, other than myself know about these. Going to look at them tomorrow. If I can get the guy to take a little less money for them, some really rare goodies will be installed and ready for the meet :)

Last edited: