Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Seen that a few days ago from Revzilla.... Of course they used it for a sales pitch saying some shit like "could better boots have saved this guy?"

R13

The other asshole
It's rock that look

Or perhaps a sportbike with a jousting rod and black knight armor.

R13

The other asshole
Little 750 monster looks like it's struggling... and neither of them are particularly big :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Shit like this makes me want to buy a tube frame....

Would need to be painted a better color though :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Every one of the tube frame models used that type of rear shock, all the way back to the RR1000.

It was put under there because they packaged a (physically) huge engine in a small frame. Probably also for weight distribution like the exhaust systems on every Buell ever.

The oddness doesn't stop there though, that shock works different than a regular setup.

the shock gets longer as the bike gets lower (i.e. goes over a bump) and shorter as the bike gets higher. Most bikes are the opposite, getting shorter as the bike lowers and longer as it raises.

94RS

No fucks given.
Also notice the dual carbs both facing the same way on the naked RR above. They used the Sportster XR1000 engine.

R13

The other asshole
"Harley's haven't changed since the 70s" :lol:

Dual carbs on an old Harley engine sounds like a recipe unreliability

94RS

No fucks given.
They didn't make many of them, but it worked.

Basically they took the Ironhead block, then mated modified XR750 cylinders and heads onto it.

Pretty sure production on the XR ended over 30 years ago, but people still race (and win) them alongside the new Street 750 flat trackers. Couldn't have been that bad of an engine :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Tiny ass little bike with a 750 v-twin and no brakes... seems safe. :lol:

But I guess on a flat track it wouldn't be hard to just engine brake your way to a stop.