Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Brakes = weight. And those old XR's weighed under 300lbs.

Could have always fitted brakes afterwards though.

94RS

No fucks given.
Just had some douchebag Ruckus fuck ask if I want to sell him the C70....

I'll let it turn into a pile of rust before I sell it. Especially to a Ruckus guy....

94RS

No fucks given.
Last time I tried to get it to run, I kicked it over probably 30-40 times. Wouldn't start. A few days before that, it was getting really hard to shift and couldn't find neutral even with the bike off.

I haven't attempted to fix it yet because once I swap the engine to the oil cooled 170, I'll have to go disc brake in the front.

If I go disc front, that will need forks that can accept it.

New forks will need to be painted

If I'm painting forks, I may as well paint the whole bike.

If I paint the whole bike, I should replace the crusty looking legshield while I'm at it.

Bike looks good, but oh wait... The wheels look like shit.

And on, and on :lol:

I want to collect parts at some point and do everything at once. Shouldn't be hard, there are 100 million of them. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Chinese engine fucks up whole bike, completely unrideable without a complete restoration :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Look at how I did the XB. The engine blew, so I had the whole bike redone :lol:

I'm sure the C70 will be a whole lot cheaper than the 'Murican sportbike.

94RS

No fucks given.
Maybe.... I think that 170 runs like 700+ shipping. Then there's getting an exhaust made for it from a CRF/XR 50. And miscellaneous other shit like the carb.

94RS

No fucks given.
"Hey, I've got a good idea. Let's take all of this light plastic bodywork off of my Buell and replace it with aluminum."

"But what about the exhaust? It doesn't look like it weighs enough"

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
The way the fairing fits around the header is cool.

Wait until some squid bitch drops it and ruins all those hundreds of man hours that went into turning sheet metal into fairings. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
You act like that thing is actually ever going to be ridden.... All that metal will heat up and burn the legs of the rider :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Ah yes... let's take a $3500 bike from about 10 years ago and turn it into this "prestige" piece of automotive art... :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
It cracks me up how square the tails were on some of those old bikes (Different bike than the one you posted I know) :lol: