Sohc or dohc VTEC with no reverse lol

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
A friend of mine wants to trade cars and im contemplating it. So here's the good and bad on both and some pictures at the bottom. Give me your input

So my current car is a 98 civicD16y5 roller rocker cams
The good
EBay coils
EBay exhaust system
No name
4-2-1 headers

The badBad
winsheild
Needs struts
Tires aren't the best

Now the prelude
98 prelude h22a4

The good
Mostly stock except cold air intake and exhaust tip
Brand new Yoko tires
Carbon fiber hood
Dohc VTEC

The bad
Semi auto and reverse is bad
Dents behind the door on both sides. Fixable
And the prelude
Sorry for the blur, they was shutting the hood on me

So which one would you have? Semi auto or standard. Prelude or civic. Dohc VTEC or Sohc VTEC-E

94RS

No fucks given.
Do not get a gaylude... We don't need two fags running around here with those things.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
My working turd has a lot if small issues. I can throw a trans in it and call it a day.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Where does that make sense, you can't fix small issues but locating/purchasing/ and installing a trans it no big deal?

Not to mention, it's owned by an 18yo Honda "enthusiast". The only thing 18yo kids are enthused about are fucking and cigarettes, and judging by the look of that prelude that's precisely what that owner is about.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Well seeing as I already put a motor in the civic, I can handle a trans in the prelude. And its in great shape compared to my civic with a half ass paint job. I can get a trans for $350 from a local u pull it. But my winsheild, driver side CV axle, driver fender, ac compressor clutch, and need of new tires seem to outcost the transmission. And its 200hp vs 127.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Well seeing as I already put a motor in the civic, I can handle a trans in the prelude. And its in great shape compared to my civic with a half ass paint job. I can get a trans for $350 from a local u pull it. But my winsheild, driver side CV axle, driver fender, ac compressor clutch, and need of new tires seem to outcost the transmission. And its 200hp vs 127.
So with all these items are 100% on this prelude? Why do they want to trade with all these issues with your car?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
She called a shop and they scared her with a price. She can't work on it and just wants to trade it for a daily. She said she doesn't care about the windshield or beat up body parts.

DB7ish

If you can get a transmission and do the work yourself, I say do it. But what is semi auto? You mean its auto but its broken?

I wouldn't mind owning a '92-'96 body style Prelude, just because I love those interiors. I do prefer the '97+ exterior though.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Semi-auto meaning you can move the shifter over to the side and "manually" shift it.

DB7ish

Oh wow, I didn't think older Hondas had that. That's awesome.

Damn, 200 hp would also be pretty sweet.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Sounds like you already know what you're going to be doing. Only if you swap it manual. Honda auto transmissions suck. (Ask me how I know..)

DB7ish

Sounds like you already know what you're going to be doing. Only if you swap it manual. Honda auto transmissions suck. (Ask me how I know..)
Does a tune help out the Honda auto transmissions much in the way of shifting? Just curious. I've ridden in some auto Mustangs with a tune, and it definitely helps it shift harder and faster, and shift when it should. Also, are there reliability issues with Honda autos? I hope not. My girl's '97 Accord is automatic.