New paint job

nayy

Im looking to paint my 95 but need some advise on what all I actually need to do it. I want it to look good not trying to rattle can it. Im hoping somebody can kind of point me in the right direction as far as supplies and maybe a good way to start out this project

This is what she looks like now

Hoping to get the color something like this

(Saw this car on here and couldnt help myself I need this color on mine lol)
Any advice will be greatly appreciated open to different ideas also

94RS

No fucks given.
If you want it to come out looking like his car, it's not a DIY job if you're not sure where to start. Start with getting quotes from smaller, most likely family run auto body shops in your area and go from there. They tend to do better jobs than chains like Maaco for less $

nayy

I know my goal for a diy is a little unrealistic( well maybe alot) I just want that dark blue color lol ill start checking out some paint shops and see what they can do for me but would still like some diy advise incase thats what I resort to

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I know my goal for a diy is a little unrealistic( well maybe alot) I just want that dark blue color lol ill start checking out some paint shops and see what they can do for me but would still like some diy advise incase thats what I resort to
If you have a big compressor and have the right paint you can diy it. It might cost 80% of what you could have it done for but you could do it...personally I'd find someone locally that will charge one flat rate and do it right.

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Noneed2Hate

I like the zebra look you have going :) but voltage blue or similar would look pretty sexy ;) Get it done professionally by a small chain (they will generally take more pride in their work)

nayy

It use to be all white but some dude in a dodge decided he was going to cut in front of me at a red light in the rain and I couldnt stop in time, fortunately for me he admitted fault to both the insurance companies and I ended up getting paid more than what I paid for the car, so just went and pulled the frame and replaced hood and bumper all for less than $200 :) its way past its time on the performance side (in my opinion) 175k on it so im just trying to at least make it look good lol

nayy

You mean like that adhesive vinyl wrap that you can get at autozone? Or something different? I work at autozone and that stuff looks meh.... if it would be cheaper to wrap it but could get it done right then that might be something I could look into

Noneed2Hate

You mean like that adhesive vinyl wrap that you can get at autozone? Or something different? I work at autozone and that stuff looks meh.... if it would be cheaper to wrap it but could get it done right then that might be something I could look into
Plasti dipping it might be a cheaper alternative too, but it's not as permanent as a real paintjob

nayy

Is that something that maybe a bodyshop could do or is it something thats easy enough to do at home?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
You can do it yourself but people specialize in wraping cars.
What price range would it cost to wrap it yourself? Like how much wrap would you need and what other supplies are nessesary

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

nayy

Also how strong is that stuff, like would it tear or chip if for example a small pebble were to hit it while driving or say you kill alot of bugs on your drive, washing, blah blah blah how would all that effect the warp?

Last edited:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
What price range would it cost to wrap it yourself? Like how much wrap would you need and what other supplies are nessesary

every price range is done in sq feet.

So would you need the exact height and width of Hood, Fenders, Trunk, Roof, Rear Fenders, Door Panels, etc.
I could give you an estimated if you measure you car for yourself that way you at least know how many sq ft you need to order.
Check out Fellers, and the 3M material is the best quality for wrapping because it can be stretched more without losing color quality. I wouldn't go with avery or arlon for one color they will only last you so long and is harder to wrap around more rounded vehicles.

If you have a shop do it for you, they can laminate the material which also gives it like a clearcoat covering as well. Great protection.

You'll need to look up companies that wrap fleet vehicles in your area, not every graphics shop can design setup for you car.

In the end it depends what you want on your car.

Another thing to consider is if you want metallic or metal flake overlay as well in your which can also be embedded into your laminate.

An your body of the car. Yes you can wrap anything but if the body has many paint chips around the car the vinyl will stick into the hole spots and will show up in the sun.

Any rust spots on your car the vinly will not stick, as well as some vinly only sticks to cars that have good clearcoat. If you have a crappy clear coat you might want to clear that up first. Hate for the shop to do all that car and you pay for the vinyl and it doesn't stick.

Basically the smoother your surface to work on, the better.

Check out all these things before considering buying the vinyl.

Lots of things to consider when wrapping you car.

Let me know if you have any more questions i;ll help ya out as much as I can.