New paint job

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
There's a small body shot around here that paints (no door jams or bays) for $599. Might be less hastle to pay an extra $200 and have a permanent job

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Noneed2Hate

An your body of the car. Yes you can wrap anything but if the body has many paint chips around the car the vinyl will stick into the hole spots and will show up in the sun.

Any rust spots on your car the vinly will not stick, as well as some vinly only sticks to cars that have good clearcoat. If you have a crappy clear coat you might want to clear that up first. Hate for the shop to do all that car and you pay for the vinyl and it doesn't stick.

Basically the smoother your surface to work on, the better.
I'd imagine any professional shop that takes pride in their work would prep the body properly ensuring none of the above mentioned are present (or at least to the best of their abilities)

nayy

Well as far as my car goes, the only thing that isnt clear coated is the bumper, hood and passenger side mirror, no rust spots or paint chipped I figure just clean it up good and maybe lightly sand hood and bumper to get it smooth and it would be good to go, I was looking at the avery wrap and the stuff is supposed to be able to tuff out up to 12 years of service which is way more than I expected and defiantly more than enough me. As far as painting goes im not worried about engine bay, door jams I would probably pay a little extra for but the friendliest estimate ive gotten from a shop that does decent work is 900 but that was just a basic 2 coats of paint 1 coat clear and that might be accurate pricing for that I dont know, but it seem like at that price Im paying 20percent supplies and 80percent labor again I could be way off but thats kinda my opinion on it, honestly I think I would rather go with the wrap it looks just like a paint job and its seems to be way cheaper also

nayy

Ok I know this is off topic with what my post is about but its about the same car, my abs light has been on and occasionally it turns off for as long as I have had the car and It finally bugged me enough to do something about it so I was going going to check the code using the paper clip trick and when I went to find the connector I noticed that it just doesn't have one at all it doesn't even have the obd connector....I have looked under the dash

I looked behind the driver side kick panel

Behind the center consol on the driver side

Behind center consol on passenger side

And behind passenger kick panel

Im stumped...im kinda freaking out about it... am I just over looking it? Is it somewhere else I havent looked or is it gone and I should be worried?

nayy

Back on topic, I got a quote from a place that specializes in wrapping cars(dfw wraps), for my integra the quote was $2600! For that price I could get pro paint joband then some! And thats more than I paid for the car when I got it.... so now my options are either paying for paint job, or buy the wrap and wrapping it my self....

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Maaco one tone or plasti-dip your bitch .

Sent from my Integra.

Murphy

Meat Master
Get a sander, mask and prep the surface with 300 grit. Prime and paint with rattle cans. Flat black or plastidip are really your best options if you want to do it yourself cheaply and hide your flaws in the paintwork and body. Or yolo it and use bed armor.

I paid $900 for my paint job (which is more like an ain't job) at Maaco 4 years ago. It was the marine grade paint that didn't use a clear coat. The paint Maaco uses is fine, the prep work is awful though. My has held up ok, it's never been glossy.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Get a sander, mask and prep the surface with 300 grit. Prime and paint with rattle cans. Flat black or plastidip are really your best options if you want to do it yourself cheaply and hide your flaws in the paintwork and body. Or yolo it and use bed armor.

I paid $900 for my paint job (which is more like an ain't job) at Maaco 4 years ago. It was the marine grade paint that didn't use a clear coat. The paint Maaco uses is fine, the prep work is awful though. My has held up ok, it's never been glossy.
This guy gets me :D rattle can flat black and drive it till you can afford to paint it.

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Or if you have a compressor just buy a cheap gravity gun and some single stage paint and paint it yourself.