adnoh61B's 01 LS Turbo Project

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
So I picked this car up in April as a new project. 2001 LS, b18b1 turbo, 5spd. I picked this car up with a half assed plastidip job with cheap ass paint and shotty bodywork underneath. Main focus was to get the car legal as it wouldn't pass emissions (p0131, p0141, p1337). After searching the internets, a couple of splices (p1337), 10watt 10ohm resistor (p0141), and a primary o2 sensor (p0131) later, it passed!

After I got it to pass emissions I realized something... How was the car tuned if it was obd2? Sure enough the car was running a stock obd2b p75, stock injectors and stock pump. So after doing some research I scooped up some DSM 450's, P05 ECU, jumper harness, and Walbro 255 pump. Got the ECU chipped by Speed Factory and the car runs pretty damn good. Now before the question comes up about emissions and converting to obd1, I am military and can register the car in Alabama where there is no emissions.

Now on to the fun stuff! Peeled and scrubbed the dip off and started refinishing the body work.

Before:

During:

After:

Starting to clean out the engine bay of unwanted clutter. Wires tucked on driver side, power steering, cruise control and brackets galore gone, and some cleaning. Don't know what's up with the gash behind the motor mount.... Gotta figure something out there.

Yesterday I went ahead and started on the driverside. Pretty much got it done minus the ABS because no prop valve and lines. Need to look more into that. Not sure if I want to relocate the fuse box and Battery yet.

Looking at my bay is an eyesore lol. I need to hurry up and get it presentable. Going full silver bay (not fully shaved), with a refinished black valve cover and a custom plug wire cover, either black or silver IC piping.

And that is where I am now. More to come.

zack11122

I miss it bad. I wish I could have drove it one last yime

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So you bought a turbo'd car that was completely untuned?
That must have been great for the engine.

"Here's a bunch more air"
"Can I get more fuel?"
"Nah"
"Cough, cough"
"Why are you smoking?"
"Sputter, sputter"

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Someone actually stuck a turbo kit on with stock injectors and pump, that's amazing, not even an fmu. Well it looks like you're trying to clean it up, nice job on getting it tuned.

"Can I get more fuel?"
"Nah"
"Cough, cough"
"Why are you smoking?"
"Sputter, sputter"
:lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Just noticed it was SSBP, what a shame, that's a beautiful color. Maybe you'll get it painted back that color OP?

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
So you bought a turbo'd car that was completely untuned?
That must have been great for the engine.

"Can I get more fuel?"
"Nah"
"Cough, cough"
"Why are you smoking?"
"Sputter, sputter"
Technically traded plus cash to me. Dude thought the clutch was slipping when really it just needed adjusted. Yeah luckily the few times I did drive it I kept out of boost, not sure about the PO though.

Someone actually stuck a turbo kit on with stock injectors and pump, that's amazing, not even an fmu. Well it looks like you're trying to clean it up, nice job on getting it tuned.

:lol:
Yeah It is a project but I like challenges. lol. I actually got less than $200 in the fuel setup.

Just noticed it was SSBP, what a shame, that's a beautiful color. Maybe you'll get it painted back that color OP?
The car is ORIGINALLY Satin Silver, then Red, then SSBP or EBP (cant tell because of crappy paint), then Plastidip. The SSBP/EBP is the shittiest paint job I have ever seen in my life. When I peeled the plastidip to do the body work it took a lot of the blue paint with it! Not sure what color I will go with.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Looks like a fun project! You're off to a good start. Keep up the good work.
Subb'd.
And by-the-way, it looks like it's time for front tires, sir.

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
Looks like a fun project! You're off to a good start. Keep up the good work.
Subb'd.
And by-the-way, it looks like it's time for front tires, sir.
Thanks and I just picked up a new set of tires last weekend.

What part of Alabama are you from?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The car is ORIGINALLY Satin Silver, then Red, then SSBP or EBP (cant tell because of crappy paint), then Plastidip. The SSBP/EBP is the shittiest paint job I have ever seen in my life. When I peeled the plastidip to do the body work it took a lot of the blue paint with it! Not sure what color I will go with.

:lol well I see, in that case it doesn't matter. It's clear the car is definitely in better hands, hope you keep us in the progress :thumbsup

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
I'm in the Athens/East Limestone area. I'm about an hour and a half from Birmingham.
Cool, I am from Tuscaloosa. Been in the Army for 7yrs so I have been a little home sick. I miss the south.

:lol well I see, in that case it doesn't matter. It's clear the car is definitely in better hands, hope you keep us in the progress :thumbsup
Thanks! I will definitely keep you guys up to date!

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
Did some work this afternoon. Just temp until I can get in there and actually strip the bay down. Couldn't stand the multi color bay anymore. Gonna let everything dry overnight and I will post the finished product tomorrow.