Tork's build thread

Ryan659

Does that bar in the rear do anything? I have a front and rear strut bar but nothing that connects that high

tork_sd89

Baywatch

Does that bar in the rear do anything? I have a front and rear strut bar but nothing that connects that high
You know, I doubt it. I always liked the look and I got it off a friend for like $10 when I first got the car and it's been there since. In theory it's supposed to work but doesn't do anything significant. I had an order in for an X bar but they cancelled my order and refunded my money for some reason. So now I'm trying to decide if I want an X bar or possibly the DC strut tower bar. I like the idea of linking more points together, seems stronger. But that DC bar looks beefy!

tork_sd89

Baywatch
That's what's up man maybe we'll catch ya at the annual gathering.

And right?? Haha I'm pretty stoked for it. Updates to come :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I'm around for the gathering due to school duties. I know I wasn't around for the last one. Depends on when they host it!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I was sitting at work and realized that's what you meant lol Imma invest in some water wetter for sure I don't think I'll stay the whole day!
You dont necessarily need water wetter, you should use it instead of coolant if you track anyways because coolant is hard to clean up. I would stay the whole day and get seat time. Just bring a canopy and a bunch of water.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
You dont necessarily need water wetter, you should use it instead of coolant if you track anyways because coolant is hard to clean up. I would stay the whole day and get seat time. Just bring a canopy and a bunch of water.
For sure! One of my friends rented a garage so hopefully I can hang out in there. And I noticed nobody has posted times for infield yet according to our track times thread :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
For sure! One of my friends rented a garage so hopefully I can hang out in there. And I noticed nobody has posted times for infield yet according to our track times thread :lol:
because its not buttonwillow and thats the only track in the entire world that counts.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Got out to the track. Ran ACS infield with Team Topak for their 10th anniversary. Overall it was a good event, but running beginner class was definitely a clusterfuck. In my first session a FA5 went airborne came down cracked his oil pan, smoked and spilled oil all over the track because he refused to pit. Took a good hour for them to clean that mess! Setup handles great! Tires and brakes held up pretty well. Started to get a bit of brake fade toward the end of my sessions and the tires started losing grip in the rear, but I managed to bring it back. Gave some faster cars a good run for their money, and ran faster times that some people in the classes above me. Out of the 27 in my class I managed to take 7th overall after my third session and ran a 1:30.04. Had a great time out there! Can't wait to get back out and try some other tracks.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
No I was coming back up on that ass! There was this guy in a civic that thought he was fast as s*** cuz he had a K-swap and wasn't trying to let people pass but I got around him and was on the hunt. He was faster around the track than me by about a second. But I don't think I did too bad considering he's gutted and fully built. We had a good time!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
FYI transponders in orange bags can read from the inside of the car. or at least on a stripped car they can. I tend to have mine tied to something where it cant get hit and fall out or be destroyed. Or i dont use transponders.

Nick_C78

Glad to see you get out there. I was supposed to do this event too, but had to work instead. When is your next event?