Tork's build thread

tork_sd89

Baywatch
170whp and 126tq on Spec B? Thats pretty low man. Something might be hurting. Compression test?
Compression is a little low for a GSR but I've seen lower. It's the header. Comptech header has a 2" collector and tiny primaries since it's smog legal. Elton wasn't happy at all lol I'm thinking about getting the PLM Toda rep or skunk2 alpha. Fuck smog.

Nick_C78

I'll be honest. I made 179hp/130 tq on eltons dyno with a much worse header. 1.8 inch collector. Oh, and I was on ITR cams... Granted my compression ratio is 11:1. Header is holding you back, but something else is hindering your performance. Do you have the graph?

Sorry, not trying to shit on your build. Trying to figure out why you didn't make more.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
I'll be honest. I made 179hp/130 tq on eltons dyno with a much worse header. 1.8 inch collector. Oh, and I was on ITR cams... Granted my compression ratio is 11:1. Header is holding you back, but something else is hindering your performance. Do you have the graph?

Sorry, not trying to s*** on your build. Trying to figure out why you didn't make more.
No worries at all. And.. I just have cell phone pics. Maybe you can make it out.

Nick_C78

Hmm, power starts to fall off, but slowly rise at 6k, which I assume is when vtec kicks on. Something is going on there.

Here is my raceline dyno so you can compare:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Well I'm pretty sure the rings are on their way. I smoke and burn oil. But it's been that way since I got the car. Before I retune I plan to upgrade the header, exhaust, intake, spark plugs & wires, and replace the dizzy. One of my spark plug wires popped of while on the dyno. Serious oh shit moment there lol Hopefully the numbers will be better then. I'm happy for now tho. I thought I would make 180, so I was kinda close.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
IF YOU SURVIVE READING THIS LONG POST THERE'S PICS AT THE END

Well, got my first sponsorship from a local company. Alameda-Park Clothing, is a start-up clothing company for car enthusiast, and they hooked me up with some pretty nice shirts from their line! Race Legal was having an event in conjunction with "Car Meats". "Car Meats" itself is a clever play on words by my friend Edwin, who organized a lot of car meets and decided to kinda link everyone locally and have a place to talk about cars and invite others to meets around the county, and every two moths or so they put on big events to raise money for different charities. Earlier this month there was a meet to raise money for the Red Cross to help the families of the wildfires Southern California experienced. For this event Alameda-Park had a contest to sponsor 4 cars. Luckily I was one of the 4 chosen. Entry fee was covered, and I was given 3 of their shirts!
I talked to the guy at tech and he told me it was the biggest event he had seen at Race Legal in 8 years! Now... unfortunately, Race Legal is known to have shitty track prep. Because it's still on the property of Qualcomm stadium there have been complaints from the Stadium owners and they can't prep the lanes properly. Everyone I talked to complained of traction issues, so I don't feel as bad lol. Last time I had a lot of wheel hop. This time I had wheel spin all thru 1st gear or it would just bog if I launched too low. I got in a lot of runs. Raced from 6pm til about 11pm. Lines were long. But worth it. Raced CI member "nfg177" in his built GSR. Not sure of his lowest time of the night but he told me slicks were helping him out a lot. I think he ran a 9.6, but not sure. Me on the other hand here's a rundown of what I ran. Stayed consistent in the 10.3 range. Wheel spin off the line like crazy, feathered the gas until I could hook then 2nd and 3rd gear I would pull and make up time. I definitely feel with some better tires, and a properly prepped track I will see lower times because I wasn't able to beat my times from when I was basically stock. And something isn't right with that. Lol got within .2 seconds of my personal best tho. Took advice from Patrick and deflated the tires to about 20psi... went lower to 17 later but it didn't help any. And as far as letting the clutch out slower I tried it, but I rather have feathered the gas then feel like I was glazing the clutch that wasn't even fully broken in yet. I only had managed to put 130 street driven miles on the clutch before race night and 40 highway, which don't count anyway. And to give you an idea of how bad track prep was here, my friend with a 450whp SR swapped 240 ran mid 9's. Wonder what I would've ran if I could've actually hooked up. Lowest RT: 0.255, Lowest 60-ft: 2.415, Lowest ET: 10.300. Trap Speed: 71 MPH. Might get flamed for these times but fuck it. One of my kills was a new Cobra! Lol poor guy needed a driver mod. Old guy. Fresh off the lot. Missed a gear and the little ol' teggy passed him up for the win! Everyone went crazy. Wish I could've heard what the announcer said. Lol I was haulin once I caught traction. Put on a good show.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Updates to my build thread are far and few. But I try not to disappoint when I do. More pics and updated mod list coming soon.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Gosh I forgot how much I love this car... Right proper as always man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk