3 studs left?

G Thizzle

so how do you get the stud out and back in without removing the hub? Every DIY i have seen shows the hub being removed and either buy a press or taking it somewhere to get pressed back in... please fill me in!!!

PogKai

B20VTEC
so how do you get the stud out and back in without removing the hub? Every DIY i have seen shows the hub being removed and either buy a press or taking it somewhere to get pressed back in... please fill me in!!!
if it the front you can hammer it to take it out, since most of the time it's broken and it's smaller so it will just pop out in the back. to fit one new full length one you need to crush the dust shield thing and grind the new stud like a half moon at the base.. the part that was grinded facing toward the hub and put it on back and finally use a lug nut and it's done.

Will94LS

New studs do not have to be pressed in! All you have to do is slide the new stud in from the back and tighten down the lug nut without the wheel and it will draw it up! By hand or with an impact!

bmxicansd

you dont have to weld the stud in, its jus an extra precaution. but yea... going to the junk yard isn't necessary. you can order this part from napa and maybe at pepboys/kragen/autozone maybe...

around here we have a shop called rising sun. cheap import parts rated close to oem.
quote for the best solution..