Cleaned the bay today

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
Been wanting to do it for a while now but never have because i was afraid of what might happen but ive been reading a lot about doing it so i figured i would give it a shot. I also added some do dads here and there, let me know what you think :D

Last edited:

J_Jay_B

teg driver
looks sick. i do like the look of exposed cam gears, and that aluminum radiator.

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
thanks for all the positive feedback fellas....and i had to pry that valve cover off a japanese guy who was doing karate while eating sushi....shits madd jdm! lol i just cut it out lol

mike_teg

HOW did u do this!! ive read soooooo many threads about how to clean ur bay and EVERYONE says different things about... covering these parts, dont cover these parts, bla bla bla....awsome job btw

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
did you think about relocating your battery to the back?
yeah i will eventfully, i wanna relocate the battery to the back as well as getting rid of the abs.

HOW did u do this!! ive read soooooo many threads about how to clean ur bay and EVERYONE says different things about... covering these parts, dont cover these parts, bla bla bla....awsome job btw
lol thanks man, i must of went through 20 threads on honda-tech and searched around a lot to figure out what i should do. I used plastic bags with rubber bands to cover up the distributor, alternator and then i took off the intake and covered the rubber flange before the throttle body. Then i took off the plug cover stuffed paper towels in there and put the cover back on....then cut out a rectangular piece of plastic bag and put it over the plug cover leaving an inch overhang on the valve cover and taped the seems so there was NO WAY water was getting in where the plugs are. I then sprayed the fenders so no chemicals would harm the paint, then sprayed the bay. Then i used gunk engine engine bright degreaser and sprayed the block and tranny ONLY. While that was doing its job i used half water/simple green on everything else and got a tooth brush to scrub whatever needed it and then got a wire brush to scrub the block and tranny....then i rinsed both and did it again. Then i used gunk engine shine and sprayed it on the bock and tranny and gave the bay yet another simple green/water spray, rinsed it and i was done....got a towel, dried off everything i could and used simple green and paper towels to clean the paint in the bay and then paper towels and armoral for the black plastics/rubber and i was done....lol

oh and before i did anything i got a dremel with a wire wheel and took off any rusted nuts/bolts to clean them up the best i could. Tomorrow i might go down to the hardware store with some sockets and just swap out nuts and bolts for new ones.

J_Jay_B

teg driver
sounds like a lot of work! but it looks really nice... i have friends that go and easier route and cover everything with plastic bags as you did but they do it at a pay and spray kind of thing. then they do the no touch wash and just hose everything down and wipe it dry... idk how well it works compared to your method, but it seems to work fine for them.

topspinmonkey

when i took my to the shop just over the weekend the mechniac sprayed the entire engine bay down with high pressure hose. i was liek wtf but i trust he knwos whats hes doing.

jay8801

Looks good I really need to clean my bay now that have seen this lol ...o and nice aluminum radiator