Cleaned the bay today

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Where did you do this at? I've been wanting to do it to my GST but honestly, I don't want all of that nasty crap on my driveway

Sammich

Where did you do this at? I've been wanting to do it to my GST but honestly, I don't want all of that nasty crap on my driveway
u could do it on the street if your hose will reach...or (i havent tried this personally but i would imagine it would work) purple power the grease that came off your engine thats on the drive way and wash that away too

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
I have a gravel driveway where my dad parks his work truck and a paved driveway for the family vehicle and my car so i just washed it on the gravel side...lol but just do it in the road or lay down cardboard so the dirt and grease sits on that instead of the pavement :what:

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I just don't want to make my driveway look like shit. My engine bay is disgusting and I don't want that stuff everywhere. I should just do it at a pay and spray car wash

Sammich

I just don't want to make my driveway look like shit. My engine bay is disgusting and I don't want that stuff everywhere. I should just do it at a pay and spray car wash
i wouldnt recommend you start doing this on a hot engine...a warm engine yea, but not hot. it may be fine, but i've been taught to do it on a cold to warm engine

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i wouldnt recommend you start doing this on a hot engine...a warm engine yea, but not hot. it may be fine, but i've been taught to do it on a cold to warm engine
That's pretty much the reason I haven't done it yet. I don't want to do it at my house and something about spraying cold water and flammable degreaser on a hot engine does seem like a good idea LOL

Sammich

spontaneous combustion wut? lol i dont know, it never sat well with me. if you go out there w/ a friend, help him wash and dry his car it should be cool enough by the time u finish his car to do your engine...pop the hood open it can cool off