jdm parking pole

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
will someone please explain to me what a parking pole does?
i read on some site that it lets you know where your front end it? but shouldnt you know where your front end is when parking? so confusing
the only reason i ask is because theres a teg that i want to buy and it has one of these and i dont really see the point in them at all

bradster101

will someone please explain to me what a parking pole does?
i read on some site that it lets you know where your front end it? but shouldnt you know where your front end is when parking? so confusing
the only reason i ask is because theres a teg that i want to buy and it has one of these and i dont really see the point in them at all
parking pole?

mirrorimg

Since you cannot see how far the bumper protrudes from the front of the car, the pole extends giving you a visual reference, letting you know more precisely how close you are to the car ahead while parking.

parking pole?
Yes...... a parking pole.

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
Since you cannot see how far the bumper protrudes from the front of the car, the pole extends giving you a visual reference, letting you know more precisely how close you are to the car ahead while parking.

Yes...... a parking pole.

i see, thank you

but he has his a little farther back on his fender
does it mattter exactly where it is positioned? as long as its near the front?

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME

i guess he cut his down so just for show now?

mirrorimg

i see, thank you

but he has his a little farther back on his fender
does it mattter exactly where it is positioned? as long as its near the front?
You have to remember there is a motor that is attached inside of the bumper. You will never get it on the tip of the bumper. It just acts as a visual cue, no need to get it super close, as long as you understand that is about the front of the car when parallel parking.

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
You have to remember there is a motor that is attached inside of the bumper. You will never get it on the tip of the bumper. It just acts as a visual cue, no need to get it super close, as long as you understand that is about the front of the car when parallel parking.
ohhh ok so it goes up and down like an antenna makes more sense to me now thanks

mirrorimg

Yes, it retracts. Much like a stock antenna.

It is used for tight parking on congested city streets, where space is limited. So yes, it is necessary.

People do it here in the states more for the "style" and to look cool. They really dont use it for its functionality.

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
im not so sure i would pay to put one of these on but it doesnt look bad.
if i do get this car though i will keep it
havent seen anyone else around me have one so itll be different

95project_GS-R

i also dont see a reason for it, ppl should know there car well enough.
i guess in japan it would be useful, you know how ppl say asians cant drive(load of sh** btw) lol

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
these are pretty badass if you ask me. it lights up green at night and has an illuminated H on the top

its like them curb feelers.. someone should start bringing these back!!