integra 1/4 mile times

Jabes

I ran my integra at the track on friday and the 1/4 mile times seem slow. the lowest we could get it to do was 16.5

its a 95 ls with just bolt ons
the mods are:
skunk2 ls intake manifold
mr gasket cold air intake
dc sport 4-1 header
exedy stage 1 organic clutch
yonaka full catback with test pipe

with all those mods shouldnt i be down in the 15s to high 14s? or is that just the way they are with the ls trans since the gearing is long?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no.
your intake manifold is too big for your motor. Also it depends on tires and the driver
I run 15.9 with bolt ons and Falken Azenis RT 615 tires. I also do not know how to drive drag though,

Jabes

its got nitto nt-450 tires they get pretty sticky and with both me and my brother driving the most we could get was a 16.5. and when you say that the intake manifold is too big for the engine what mods would i need to do to fix that?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Get the car tuned due to putting the bigger intake manifold on, or put your stock one back on for now til you have more mods that require tuning so you don't waste money. Also what PSI are you running in your tires? Knock it down to 17-20psi in the fronts and see if that helps. My dads CRX with b20 went from 16.1 to 15.2 by lowering pressure from 32 to 17 last week.

Whats the breakdown of your time slip i.e 60ft time, 330ft, 1/8th mile, 1000ft and trap speed?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Theres a lot of variables that effect 1/4 mile time, track condition, weather conditions, driver, suspension, tires, condition of motor in car, ect...best bet is to just keep toying with it at the track and slowly knock time off. Biggest thing to learn in a FWD car is the launch, sure it looks cool to sit there and spin the shit out of your tires when you take off, but if your not going anywhere then whats the point. Try launching at different RPMs and learn what rpm the car respondes to the best, then learn what rpm to shift at, redlining doesnt mean the best place to shift at, learn your power band

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
My first time out I did 15.7 as my fastest; but I assume I could get high 14's with my suspension on, no passenger, and smaller, lighter rims. I'm still learning launch and my reaction time was over .7

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Reaction time does not effect 1/4 mile time FWIW. Your ET does not start until you break the beams, meaning you could sit there for 20 mins if you want and still run a 14 second pass. The only time RT makes a difference is if your doing heads up racing. Honestly to me ET doesn't really mean shit either, trap speed is where its at

Jabes

heres a pic of the slip from when I ran a 16.8 cant find the pic of when my brother got it to do 16.5

I was thinking about getting it tuned but some people told me I dont need a tune unless I upgrade the throttle body but they dont know as much as you guys lol. I have a ecu that was from a turbod ls that I have that was tuned on chrome with launch control but its tuned for a built turbo motor so I dont wanna risk messing anything up if i run it on my car so I'll just get it retuned or just wait til i go turbo to get it tuned.

I'll have to try lowering the tire pressure next time I didnt think it would lower the times that much
thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My first time out I did 15.7 as my fastest; but I assume I could get high 14's with my suspension on, no passenger, and smaller, lighter rims. I'm still learning launch and my reaction time was over .7
reaction time doesnt matter. Its when you cross the line. Your car will probably not hit high 14's unless you do bolt ons. Factory Type Rs are 14.7

Jabes

what you run against in that time slip posted?
i think it was a newer challenger srt8 cant remember tho cause i ran a couple different cars, first one was a ek hatch that was turbod and only got down 1/8th of a mile before it blew lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
That car running 99mph is a 13 second car if he could get his 60ft times down. Same with you, a 2.6 60ft is killing you. Lower that tire pressure and try it again

Jabes

That car running 99mph is a 13 second car if he could get his 60ft times down. Same with you, a 2.6 60ft is killing you. Lower that tire pressure and try it again
alright i'll try that this weekend when i go back to the track, and he got down to like a 13.8