Jobotdestroy's 1991 Integra GS slow build thread

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Hey guys Im new to the forums and the time has come to make a build thread for my new project.
Little bit of back ground......
After recieving my tax return this year I was on the prowl for a new mazda project car. I had my heart set on either a BF 1988 Mazda 323 GTX or a super clean BG 90-94 protege LX. After searching and searching I could not find any that where good enough for the asking price. I started searching for hondas, nissans, and toyotas/lexus (Japanese car fan here :p ). I wanted a auto lexus is300 but again they where wanting more then i wanted to spend. One day me and a friend went to look at 3 integras and a prelude. First integra the guy wanted $2600 and it looked very clean......till i drive it. He claimed it had a slight grind in 3rd gear. So we go for a drive and as I attemped to shift into third GGGGGGGRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! And would not go into third. The guy tells me let me drive ill show you. We take off and as he gets to third he slams it very hard and it goes in. long story short we left. Next 2 integras where over priced piles and the prelude was a cluster fack lol. Disappointed we start heading home and my friends tells me "hey i just got a txt, its a offer for my EF sedan that i already traded for a DB 4 door". It was a fairly clean DA in the pic, so i ask him to txt him and ask how much he would sell it for. We get a immediate reply and he says $1500! considering my budget was $4000 we went to see the car. It needed some work but when he poped the hood a B16A sits in the place of the stock engine.The owner had NO clue what he had. we take it for a drive and WOW very healthy! The car even shifted very smooth into every gear. I was sold. Ended up taking her home for $1300 with tons of extra parts! The next day we go over the car and discover it has a jdm y1 lsd trans, 92-93 gsr ecu, obd o to obd 1 conversion, greddy muffler, after market rear control arms, c pillar bar, rear strut bar, jdm one piece lights, jdm xsi cluster, sparco steering wheel, and more i cant think of. Got a hell of a deal! pics coming soon!

Last edited:

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Pics!!!

Needs new bumper its %40 bondo!

CRX si rims I like them actually just needs all the correct lug nuts and caps lol

Let me know what you think!

Army74D

gtavila_
Lucky find! Good luck smogging it though, Lol.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
The bad and needs

Now for whats NOT so good on this car:

1) HID's! I hate them the balast burned out the first night i had the car so its going to go back to regular bulbs. Has a very bad install on them
2) Why you no put coolant!! Had 100% water which rusted out the water pump and thermostat. Already changed both
3) Never ending electric fan. For whatever reason they wired the electric oem fan to always run
4) Seats! Needs seats badly has one half ass seat
5) Ghetto aluminum radiator install. All i have to say is zip ties........
6) Intake. As you can see in the pic they threw a crappy autozone filter with no intake piping. Already have a OEM PR4 intake with airbox to install and modify :)
7) Bumper. Its crap, its cracked, its bondo and it fits really bad.
8) Paint job. The body is actually very good but the passenger side fender and front bumper are spray painted and has some bad areas. Its going to be painted championship white down the road and the moldings will go back to being black.....
9) Battery. Needs the proper mounts
10) Sun visors. OMFG Im blind!!!!
11) Wink mirror. Replaced with OEM replacement and chucked in the trash!
12) Front seat belts. There are none just a mugen harness for the driver. Will replace with junkyard parts then taken to the dealship for warranty replacement
13) Center console. Needs a oem one had a DC one that did NOT fit lol
14) squeaky speedo cable. Annoying.....have the replacement
15) Front ebay coilovers. They dont ride too bad. will be replaced with proper coilovers......someday rear has eibach lowering springs
16) Saggy driver door. Drives me crazy! will replace door hinges with new ones
17) Raddley Doors. Will freshen them up down the road
18) A/C. Its actually all there! not sure how good it is will have it tested after I replace the control panel. The buttons dont work. Also the heat is stuck on LOL
19) The crank pulley..... Was torqued down to 100000000000 ft lbs with no woodruff key :shock: Replaced with key and new bolt and washer from Honda. Im just glad nothing was damaged!
20) Valve cover studs. 2 are broken will replace with OEM ones from honda
21) The lone dizzy bolt. Has one dizzy bolt will be replaced after junkyard raid
22) One alternator bolt. Alternator was hanging on by the bottom bolt only. Has been replaced.
and thats it alot of small crap should be a pretty fun project. I want to get her clean and close to stock. No major mod plans skunk2 products 2 prolly) But, that always changes lol

Last edited:

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
HID Drama

Nasty no wonder they dont work. Later this week ill got the junk yard and cut some harnesses with the plugs and bring it back to stock lighting. They even have the fog lights wired in so they NEVER turn off and the turn signals are on the one piece corners instead of on the bumper :what: will be rewiring that too. Alot of annoying half ass work. still have to find out why the cooling fan runs all the time. I dont see the control box so thats prolly why.

On anthor note I took her for a drive and man she runs good. Did a compression test
cylinder #1- 182
cylinder #2- 183
cylinder #3- 182
cylinder #4- 180

So im very happy. Specs i read for B16A said Between 175-185lbs. This was after a nice drive at operation temp and fresh oil. (damn them spark plugs where hot LOL)
She pulls hard all the way to 8300 RPM and vtec engages smooth at 4200-4300 rpm. Some one at ;east knew what they where doing when they installed the swap. Looks like a shop did it to be honest. With all the half ass work ive found no way previous owner installed it.

Once i get all this crappy wiring work out of the way ill be a happy man thats for sure

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
wtf is valley of apples? And that's a sketch looking harness setup. aren't you afraid of that shit slipping off the side of the seat? I would get a legit seat before running those; they look kinda funky like that either way

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
wtf is valley of apples? And that's a sketch looking harness setup. aren't you afraid of that s*** slipping off the side of the seat? I would get a legit seat before running those; they look kinda funky like that either way

The belts are installed correctly. you should have seen the ones that where on it before. And i wouldent use them if the factory belts where there. some moron removed them and added blue harness attached to the floor :shock: guess he wanted a broken spine. with the setup i have now its legal and safe. ive checked the angles everythings good. You can also autocross/time attack with this setup if you dont have a beltbar or rollbar. Thanks for the concern though :)
Source: Racing experiance and..... http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/safetyharness/harness.shtml

And i live in Apple valley,Ca. im a little sketchy on putting my exact info up. Military made me paranoid i guess :lol:

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Hmm, you learn something new everyday, haha! Well, in this case, 2 new things. I would still wait to get a proper seat though

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Hmm, you learn something new everyday, haha! Well, in this case, 2 new things. I would still wait to get a proper seat though
yea it would be better. But this fine for now. If the damn head rests where there it would be better. its actually nice with the DA seat and the side support they give.The harness keeps you nice and snug. Im waiting to get it back to factory automatic belts (which I hate lol) so its more closer to factory. I have considered these though
http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Tuning/autocontrol/autocontrol-II
due to the inertia reel. Havent decided yet. I still dont plan to time attack with this car. Holding out for a mazda for that project :lol:

Last edited:

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
nice pick up looks like you got somewhat lucky buying it from a clueless guy
yea and he claimed to be a self proclaimed "og honda guy". Im mostly a mazda guy and knew right away what it had. was even more suprised when i saw the B16A and Y1 code. He claimed it had a stock LS and stock trans...... :retard: yea sure buddy. vtec should have been the first clue. but who am I to challenge his almighty honda knowlodge :worthy: