1/4 time in my '97 RS

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
Well the valvetrain and horsepower arent what im worried about, its the valvetrain and the specs of the cams that could be the issue, if you coil bind because you have too much cam for a crappy valve train then you will be in trouble real fast.
im open for suggestions. do you think the valve train is worth anything?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
im open for suggestions. do you think the valve train is worth anything?
The best suggestion anyone can give you is to learn more about driving before you throw more power in. You really need a driver mod or your times will always suffer. Running low 14's with 200 whp should be embarrassing, honestly

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
The best suggestion anyone can give you is to learn more about driving before you throw more power in. You really need a driver mod or your times will always suffer. Running low 14's with 200 whp should be embarrassing, honestly
A 16.1 on rubber bands in the cold is that bad of a time that im a bad driver?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
For a Gs-R? Absolutely. My Second race with 26 lbs wheels, bad mounts (so I launched hella low), and a complately stock car otherwise I hit a 16.1 which I bested with a 15.7 the same evening.
Every time I've raced it has been either too cold with threat of rain, or blistering hot.

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
For a Gs-R? Absolutely. My Second race with 26 lbs wheels, bad mounts (so I launched hella low), and a complately stock car otherwise I hit a 16.1 which I bested with a 15.7 the same evening.
Every time I've raced it has been either too cold with threat of rain, or blistering hot.
...i have an LS B18B1 in an RS chasis..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
...i have an LS B18B1 in an RS chasis..
Then change your name, it makes it look slower than you are. You realize a Dc2 is a Gs-R/Type-R?
In that case, 16.1 isn't to bad. Are you consistent or was that a one time run? On street tires, I would assume I would be much closer to the mid 15's, but it's hard to say.
I would still practice before throwing in a bunch of power

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
Mod List
CAI, DC Sport header 4-2-1, ebay stainless 2.5" exhaust with a 3" inlet Vibrant Performance muffler (thats coming off, its too big and sounds like shit). ebay sleeves up front, ebiach pro kit for a mini cooper cut springs in the rear on stock strut, ebay wheel (heavy) with falken ziex 912s. i got a few things to do to make the car respectable for sure

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Mod List
CAI, DC Sport header 4-2-1, ebay stainless 2.5" exhaust with a 3" inlet Vibrant Performance muffler (thats coming off, its too big and sounds like s***). ebay sleeves up front, ebiach pro kit for a mini cooper cut springs in the rear on stock strut, ebay wheel (heavy) with falken ziex 912s. i got a few things to do to make the car respectable for sure
Keep your car off the track for now, you have some shitty mod's to redo

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
Then change your name, it makes it look slower than you are. You realize a Dc2 is a Gs-R/Type-R?
In that case, 16.1 isn't to bad. Are you consistent or was that a one time run? On street tires, I would assume I would be much closer to the mid 15's, but it's hard to say.
I would still practice before throwing in a bunch of power
Keep your car off the track for now, you have some s***ty mod's to redo
Oh ....i know. its really embarrasing. i have been looking into a real suspension. But i dont know which spring would be best for auto cross.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
DC4 is your chassis code, i cant really say what to do with your head, if you dont trust the parts inside, change them.

LowSlowDC2

New to this game
DC4 is your chassis code, i cant really say what to do with your head, if you dont trust the parts inside, change them.
Heads stock, valve train is in a box waiting to go in. But from what i heard these valves are only shit after 300+ HP