places that you have your amp

TheSkygun

so i have been searching google and honda-tech and so on for good ideas on where to place an amp (or two if i buy one for my speakers)

i would like to keep it in the trunk for now and away from under my seats because i dont feel like it would get much air flow down there plus my passenger seat is always moving around for people to sit.

im just looking for some ideas (maybe pics) of where people have been creative on where to place them.

jbrown97ls

I lied. Under the passenger seat that flips up next to the NOS!

OLDSKOOLACURA

The 12" jl audio and 500 watt amp that are in my legend are going to go into my Teg. The amp is mounted to the side of the box

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmcastillo86

For now i have mine mounted to the back of the box. But when i get a bigger amp its going under passenger seat cause ima use it for the highs :). Just lay your rear seats down so the amp can get air

TheSkygun

Alright, I'm thinking of the back of the back seat for now since that's we're the wires for it come out
I read mixed feelings about under the seat. And I don't want it on the sub BC the wires wont reach plus I don't have my sub secured to one spot so it moves often

Btw I am in a coupe. I'll take a pic of what it is like tomorrow

TheSkygun

For under the seat though does it get hot for little room for air and how does it work with the seat moving back and forth

And on the back of the back seat how would be a good way to mount it

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I built it from scratch. Yes it took a while to get all the contours right, heh. It's made from 1/4 inch MDF.

It tucks into the recesses in the sides here:

and here:

and I attatched it at the bottom with a bracket down here:

I got these little plastic spacers at Ace to lift the amp up off the board to let air get behind it and help keep it cool.

Built a separate board for next to the sub, just attaches with the two screws you see at top, it pressure fits on the sides and at the bottom:

Last edited: