Murphy's 99 Coupe

Murphy

Meat Master
word up, keep us updated on the seats
For sure. Also forgot to mention I order the custom brackets at wedgebrackets.com. The idea is you can get brackets made for your car and any brand of seat, even if the seats are off brand like mine. You measure out the dimensions they ask for over the phone, email pics, etc. to get them custom made.

So we'll see if the brackets I ordered actually fit.

Murphy

Meat Master
Seat and dash pics

Installed my driver's bucket seat and my head unit with microphone. These new head units are crazy, so easy to take and make calls in your car wow. Let me know what you guys think of the seat, it's very comfortable and cups my body perfectly.

Murphy

Meat Master
Repainted the valve cover and installed the cai. Spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor are next.

Nick_C78

Valve cover looks cool. How did you strip it? Almost looks like you wire wheeled it. Next time try aircraft remover. You just spray it and hose it off. You can also put chapstick on the lettering so the paint won't stick to them. Looks good though.

Murphy

Meat Master
Valve cover looks cool. How did you strip it? Almost looks like you wire wheeled it. Next time try aircraft remover. You just spray it and hose it off. You can also put chapstick on the lettering so the paint won't stick to them. Looks good though.

Thanks man. I used regular gel paint stripper, a sandpaper drill bit with my drill, steel brush, and steel wool. Yeah I've heard that aircraft paint stripper works great, but I wanted to use up my left over tin. I didn't know that Chapstick idea, cool I'll have to try it.

96LSteg

Jemel
since youve painted over the letters already tho, you should be able to take a razor blade and scrape it off. thats how i did mines

Murphy

Meat Master
Spent a few hours with my buddy updated the ignition system with a new Bosch ignition rotor and distributor cap and NGK G-power spark plugs and wires. The old ignition rotor was actually melted on so that was quite nerve-raking to replace, but we eventually got it off. The car runs better than ever out of the 6 years that I've owned her.

Also I put an AEM Dryflow filter cover on my intake filter to prevent any hydrolock.

And! Got rid of the O2 sensor code by cleaning the sensor with a blow torch and resetting the ecu.

Last edited:

jbrown97ls

I wish I would have done that for the letters. I took way too much time taping and shit.

Murphy

Meat Master
The lifts have been replaced finally. These new lifts work better than any other pair that have been on my car for the past six years. They were $36 from Amazon and sold by Precision European Motorwerks.

Murphy

Meat Master
Finally installed my Megan Racing header here are the details.

I had a bit of a frustrating time trying to remove the stock header. Two of the three bolts connecting the down pipe and manifold were seized and I stripped them pretty badly. So I had to bring it in a muffler shop and they installed it for a good price fortunately.

The down pipe didn't connect with the stock cat straight, but it is connected nonetheless. I notice some kind of mild burning smell after the header was installed. It doesn't smell like an exhaust leak, I'm hoping it's just the header breaking-in.

All and all I'm pleased with my entire exhaust and intake set up, it was all cheap, sounds great, looks sexy, and now that I have upgraded my intake and exhaust I have noticed a performance gain. I would guess at least 8hp and removed 30lbs of weight.

Other than getting around to a deep clean on the intake manifold I believe my performance upgrades are done for now. If anything needs to be replaced down the line such as injectors, shocks and springs, radiator, etc. I'll opt for higher performance replacements over oem.

zack11122

Sexy bay. Your cars sound will change over a few weeks as the header breaks in

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy

Meat Master
Sexy bay. Your cars sound will change over a few weeks as the header breaks in

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man I think so as well. We'll see how the sound changes, it sounds fantastic now I will eventually have to post a video.