Murphy's 99 Coupe

Murphy

Meat Master
noticed you fixed passenger and trunk leak just got my tegg a week ago builder her up got her running good except those leaks. any advice where to look?
For the trunk leaks watch this

Heres where my car was leaking:

One of the two problem areas in the trunk was the weathering strip that didn't quite cover that weld indent in the hatch. So I just glued a line of black silicon along the strips. The other was the huge gap in the taillight that water was practically fed to. Water leaked through because the gasket wasn't sealed tight. So instead of just sealing the gap, I recommend taking off the taillights, cleaning and spraying down the rusted areas with Rustloeum and steel wool, then glue the gasket back on with black silicon just like the guy did on the video.

As for the front passenger side, the previous owner of my car slightly crashed the front passager side, so the door had to be replaced. The leaking was coming in through the windshield and a improperly fitted door. So I had to put in additional weathering stripes inside and adjust the door so it fitted perfectly. There's no more leaking in the interior, but I have a small patch of water trapped in the windshield >.<

If you're trunk area is already rusted, I recommend scrapping/sanding out the rust, cleaning the area, and spraying it over with Rustoleum. The rust in my trunk was so bad a hole formed where the spare tire rod was, so I had to rip it out. Then I grabbed two pieces of tin from the hardware store, sandwiched them with silicon on both sides of the hole, and hammered it in with a rubber mallet and hammer. This is just a temporary fix for now, I plan to have a welder cut out the hole/rust and weld in a new plate altogether. Gonna cost me around $300 when I get the chance.

Kr0n1k

Thanks for the tip, don't think I'll be spending $200 for 2 hp lol. Again for the exhaust, I'm not gonna pay $400 for a max of 5 extra hp and a traveling rice popper. HKS is a nice performance brand, but I still don't like the noise.

Yeah i fcked up, gotta go back with some steel wool and paint thinner. Not gonna lower the car, don't like the lowered look and there's a ton of speed bumps in Tally :/
Don't like the lowered look? Hmm. Think an exhaust makes it a "rice popper"? This coming from someone who bought halo headlights? I'd say spray painting your valve cover and rims is poppin rice. Also you have an automatic. You'll learn one day young grasshopper.

Yes an exhaust is worth the money and you can find a good intake used even for less than $200.

Don't use the term rice ever again you are the definition.

XjoEnX

How did you come across this thread on your first post just to make an insult?

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Don't like the lowered look? Hmm. Think an exhaust makes it a "rice popper"? This coming from someone who bought halo headlights? I'd say spray painting your valve cover and rims is poppin rice. Also you have an automatic. You'll learn one day young grasshopper.

Yes an exhaust is worth the money and you can find a good intake used even for less than $200.

Don't use the term rice ever again you are the definition.
Seriously, how the hell did you come across this as your first post? Were you just looking for something to fail at trolling?

Your idea of rice would be at least 90% of our cars then since halos, exhausts, painted valve covers and wheels are your definition of "rice."

And so what if the car is automatic? I'm sure others will agree that one of the cleanest cars on here is an auto.

You'll learn one day young asshopper....

Last edited:

Kr0n1k

Lol. You know link to link to this. I'd knew people would get mad but I'm sorry that it was insulting.
Its kind of an oxy moron to call an exhaust a rice popper when you have an integra with halos. Just like I'm sure
he didn't mean to be insulting when he said that.

I also enjoy painted valve covers lol.

Kr0n1k

Seriously, how the hell did you come across this as your first post? Were you just looking for something to fail at trolling?

Your idea of rice would be at least 90% of our cars then since halos, exhausts, painted valve covers and wheels are your definition of "rice."

And so what if the car is automatic? I'm sure others will agree that one of the cleanest cars on here is an auto.

You'll learn one day young asshopper....
Also where did i say exhausts were "rice"? That was the whole reason i post the first comment, read it again moron.

I really don't appreciate the direct insult "asshopper" i'm 28 your 20, son. I've got years of experience and have been a mechanic for years plus never said anything to you. Your comment reflects your young age. Im sure theres a clean automatic too haha. Fail at your fail comment. Don't get so worked up over your boys whip.

Regardless, 90% of the cars on here have exhausts painted wheels or valve covers and guess what so does mine.

So go back to sucking on that D asshop.

Kr0n1k

I didn't come out calling him a assbanger for liking halos either to each his own. 94RS , cup the balls since you like ass.

94RS

No fucks given.
You may be 28, but you damn sure aren't acting like it making gay remarks towards me because of a few things that were said.

Fact of the matter is you dug up a dead thread, insulted the OP, and then got butthurt when you got called out on it, hence the three replies. Also, I don't give a damn how much of a "mechanic" you claim to be. You're not going to impress anyone by acting like an asshole.

Welcome to the site, btw. I don't see you lasting very long on here.

Murphy

Meat Master
So haven't posted in a while, glad to be back.

Some updates: Cleaned up the sloppy paint in the engine bay, repainted the rims. I've got a lot of work planned for the car now, new seats, new headers, new cat, cai, repainting the rims black again (didn't use enough clear coat last time), and suspension work.

I already order some off brand bucket seats (Speed Buddy/DNA Motors, DON'T BUY FROM THESE GUYS) with custom brackets. Unfortunately the brackets didn't even fit the seats they came with and resulted in a dead end for finding new brackets, so those need to be returned.. So I'm keeping an eye out for oem seats on Craigslist.

As for the exhaust, I already have a Yonaka cat back system installed, the stock exhaust rusted in half. To replace one B-pipe with a used original part would have cost more than I paid for the entire Yonaka cat back system, so it was a know brainer. It looks clean, it wont rust, and it isn't loud at all. I took off the stock headers cover and saw some rust on the headers, so I'm going to replace those as well alongwith the cat. Yonaka headers and a high flow cat will only set me back $235, I'm satisfied with the Yonaka cat-back so I might as well keep the whole exhaust system brand congruent.

Since I'm planning on replacing the rest of the exhaust system, why not work on the intake as well? I'm deciding between a K+N filter for the stock intake or an AEM CAI.

Finally the rims. The stock rims are fine with no rust and look good, so I'm just going to repaint them with 6 coats of primer, hammered black paint, and clear coat.

On top of this the suspension needs work, $250 worth that the dealership has to do.

Last edited:

Murphy

Meat Master
Seats Update

So I the new seats arrived a while ago, but with very bad news. The custom mounting brackets that came with them didn't fit the seat at all because of a mass manufacturer defect. On top of this there was no way I could retrofit the oem brackets to the seats. So I ended up having to decide between returning the seats entirely or getting $50 refund for the brackets, so I took the fifty bucks bringing the cost of the seats alone to $210. I ended up having to order custom brackets, which was another $210, they'll arrive in about two weeks so we'll see how they fit. Also, while trying to remove the bolt which holds in the seat belt buckle I completely shredded the bolt. So I'll have to visit a pick and pull for a passenger seat belt buckle.

Don't buy from Speed Buddy or DNA Motors!!

My experience with buying aftermarket seats:

1. You will always have to order custom brackets, which will be around $200. Even if the seats come with their own "custom brackets".

2. Make sure you order seats with sliders in them, otherwise you'll have to pay extra for those when ordering brackets. If the seats your ordering have sliders, the seat should have a handle to move the seat forward or back and sliding rails in which to do so under the seat.

3. Since you're spending around $200 for custom brackets, make sure you're completely satisfied with the seats you order.

4. I already went the route of buying a used/refurbished seat around 2 years ago. The seat bracket and cushion disintegrated, which caused the seat to wobble and the seat cushion lost the little support it had. Don't buy used oem seats!

5. Original Integra seats are so uncomfortable, and I'm a little guy and they have always given me incredible lower back pain. It's worth buying new, comfortable bucket/racing seats.

6. Cloth is so much more durable than leather or suede and it's cheaper. Also you can always clean cloth completely with a wet vac.

7. You will need your seat belt buckles from your oem seats (if your not using a seat harness instead) and to make sure those buckles fit your seat.

Total Cost of seats and custom brackets (not in picture) $420 (not including passenger seat belt buckle). They are reclinable, adjustable, and have black cloth with red stitching similar to the oem gsr seats.

Before I install the seats I'm using a wet vac on the carpet and will show before and after pics. Just waiting on the brackets..

Murphy

Meat Master
Car updates

After changing my oil i inspected the headers and cat and concluded that they really didn't need replacing. So after I return to Georgia i'm taking off the headers and cat, removing a little rust and repainting them black.

As for replacing the intake and manifold, after doing my research on intakes, they really don't do anything productive/significant for my engine. In most cases conical filters and permanent rectangular filters actually hurt performance while oil filters can ruin your engine over time. So why would I pay extra hundreds for these things? With that being said, why pay extra hundreds for useless intake/exhaust upgrades when I can use that money for a manual tranny swap?