Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Ordered some component speakers for the front. Soon, I'll have a stereo! First time I've had one since I've had this car and I've had this car for 5-months. Lol.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I miss my stereo. I sold the stereo in my car before I installed my DDin. Now im using my ipod and headphones = FAIL!!
Going on 3-4 months without one.

Ted's Owner

I miss my stereo. I sold the stereo in my car before I installed my DDin. Now im using my ipod and headphones = FAIL!!
Going on 3-4 months without one.
I've been a combined total of 8 months without a car stereo. My old Sonoma didn't have one, either.
Well, it did, but then it died. Lol.

SoundEfx

Forget that no stereo talk. I can't go 5 minutes without music in my car.

Ted's Owner

Forget that no stereo talk. I can't go 5 minutes without music in my car.
I KNOW! Imagine 8 months without it. I'm surprised I haven't checked myself into an insane asylum.
On another note, taillights will be installed tomorrow. The bulbs came in today.

Ted's Owner

Taillights are done and installed. :)

And then... well, and then there's this. I found this on Facebook.

Thanks, Patrick. :p

Ted's Owner

I got my stereo installed. It took me until 3am Monday night, but what I have is done.
Pictures.

My work space. The table is a pallet I found buried in the garage held up by a rolling mechanic's chair and a 3-step ladder. The chair is a bucket. The Jeep on the right is a '47 Willy's CJ-2A that has not run in 20+ years.

What was left of my factory speakers.

My Boss Audio Phantom Skull Series SK65 6.5" component speaker set. I did not use the speaker grilles.

Out of box.

Clarion CZ702 head unit installed.

I was going to put the tweeters in the A-pillars for the windshield, but a last minute decision changed that. I had already marked the A-pillars up with Sharpie for holes, etc, so I went ahead and painted them.
Dupli-Color MetalCast base coat

Gunmetal top coat

Instead of installing the tweeters in the A-pillars, I put them in the door panels. My car did not have the factory tweeters in the door panels, but on the back of the door panel, there were four indentations for holes to be drilled in the factory tweeter location, so that's where I put mine. Pic installed.

Crossovers installed. They're installed in the little black pouches in the back of the door panel.

Speakers installed.

Finished product.