My 97 GS so far

phatintegra

Banned
Should be stored. Forgot how many turn cycle before it gets erase from the ECU without pulling the battery cable off the battery.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Pulled the negative terminal and let it sit like that for more than 20 minutes to reset. Swapped in the JDM VSS with the USDM top (so it can plug into my harness) and cleaned up all the harnesses with an electrical cleaner thingy including the VTEC Solenoid/pressure switch plugs. Test drove it a bit, tried to engage VTEC but it still didn't and the speedometer went crazy for a sec but went back to normal. I'm pooped.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Pulled Code 22, VTEC Pressure switch, nothing unusual. Like I said, VTEC was engaging just fine before I swapped transmission and I didn't touch anything on the engine side. I have no oil pressure light turned on nor any loose connections. The only thing I did recall doing was putting threadlocker paste around the VTEC pressure switch since the original o-ring disintegrated and the torqued the pressure switch back down to 18ft-lbs.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'll worry about that later but I got my final things to complete my koni/gc suspension combo. Can anyone verify if I put it together correctly? The washer is inside above the little bump on the strut. I read the install guide on honda-tech but I want to make sure I did it correctly since I've never worked on suspension/struts. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
The dude on Honda-Tech tried to use some rack&pinion boots for a dust boot but it ended up not working as good at it seemed since it would rub.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Noneed2Hate

Oem boots don't fit. I forgot the reason why, but it didn't fit for several reasons I believe.
I was able to reuse mine on my Konis. You do have to drill out the hole on the metal portion of the boot a little bigger to slide it on however.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Looks correct. If you put a little black tape on the shock body, it will keep the sleeve from moving around. I've never used a dust boot on any of my aftermarket suspension parts